Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

St Lucie 5-14, fins and tuna

Wanted to fish while the Dolphin run was still going on. So we decided to try for them and leave bright and early at 5:30 AM. My neighbor decided to sleep in until 6, so we got a late start at 6:30. Went out the inlet and found great seas, medium swell, light chop, I love these conditions. Ran straight out and dumped in the lines at 100 ft and headed East. Found a light rip with some weeds in 300 ft and BAM, short flat goes off, then the other flat goes off, double up Skunk off, nice 'fins in the boat.

P5140069.jpg

P5140070.jpg

Decided to work this rip for a while, Had a few more fins show uo and then while resetting the long rigger, as I went to clip it on, it pulled from my hands and a Large Blackfin Tuna comes in on a rigged flying fish, nice surprise.

P5140074.jpg

Continue working this area and found Always Forward out there, hope you did well.

P5140075.jpg

Decided about 10:30 to call it a day, and trolled west and in about 120 ft caught a nice King.

Trolled Ballyhoo and Flying fish with green or pink skirts work best for us today. Here are some pics back at the dock.

P5140076.jpg

P5140081.jpg

P5140082.jpg

• 2 months later...