Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

What 23' to 28' Boat to get ?

OK, as most of you know I'm a ALLOY JUNKY ....

Now If I couldn't get my grubby hands on a Plate Alloy boat my next choice is Glass but I would have to get a TANK that is easy on fuel. I don't need to go 80 mph but a good 25KT to 30KT kruz would work for me .

I'm thinking PARKER 28 .

Let's hear it .

Sans, which Parker did you ride on ? As some of there hulls are different .

Welder,

The Parker I rode on was a 2520 Extended Cabin. It was a mid 90's boat and hit hard. Maybe it was because of all the weight up front.

The only thing I ever thought was worse was a 27' W/A Proline I used to own. That thing was the Hardest Hitting, Wettest Riding Plug I ever wished I had never purchased. All my buddies would say "If you aren't wet, your not in Paul's boat" The construction was so bad that Proline had to totally Replace the boat 3 years after I received it from the factory. TOTAL POS!!!

On the other hand the Hydra Sports I had was the BEST Boat I ever owned or rode in. That thing Loved to go fast. Even in rough seas. It seemed like the rougher it was, the faster it would go.

I am on the hunt for another offshore boat now. Looking at the Grady White Marlin. It seems to be a great boat from what I have heard. Also looking at the Pursuit's and Mako's. No less than 28' and has to be a Cuddy. Should be a few good deals out there!