Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Banned...Well, Damn!

Where is FF these days? I take it he is among us banned from that other place. Too bad this one is so darn quiet...

Nothing earth shattering going on THT these days either. Certainly nothing like it was from 2004-2007.

A 300 page Contender thread? Wow, never seen the likes of that before.

:rolleyes:

Lot's of newbies over there who seem like they have "been there, done that"...

But let me ask you this, Wiley. Why would a guy who has an issue with his Yam 704 binnacle post over there and not here? Maybe, because he will get the answer he's looking for, within, say, about 10 minutes?

That's what I'm saying, guys, almost all of us are members here, as well as there. And yes, a lot of BS goes on over there...but a lot of good, QUICK, accurate info as well..so why can't the same happen here? What gives? :471_confused_face:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But let me ask you this, Wiley. Why would a guy who has an issue with his Yam 704 binnacle post over there and not here? Maybe, because he will get the answer he's looking for, within, say, about 10 minutes?

Because I spent 24/7/365 building it that way.

People were trying to claim THT as their own even when I ran it. I know a lot spend their time there feeling they have some type of ownership in it.

Heck, I'm not even sure who runs the site anymore.

It is what it is. I'm just glad I have normal blood pressure again.

Oh, I'm sure we can soon change that!! :1143_neener_neener_neener:

..... not to mention the majority of boat manufacturers could give a ratz about what is posted on there anymore.

It is what it is. I'm just glad I have normal blood pressure again.

:rb-rules:

...and that is a good thing. It's certainly not for everybody. I started my site in response to what Johnny Walker (I'm sure you know him, my old boss) thought would be best for Proline, which was a bunch of crap. Well, PL high-tailed it out of CR, my business has been doing well, so I don't need that crap anymore.

So the question I ask, just why did you start this site? Bored? Couldn't get it out of your system? Hobby? I would think that you want this site to be as good, or better than THT when you ran the show. But, that has yet to come to pass.

And BTW, manufacturers are on THT now. They wouldn't be there if it didn't matter. Is Tabman here? Marc from Teleflex? C'mon, Wiley, you need traffic, and it just ain't happening in the current format...

Well, there you have it. Members, call me what you will, I'm just stating what I see here. If we want a "kinder, gentler" version of THT, then we need to participate. That goes for Joe and Mist-rest as well. Help each other fix our boating shit here, not there. And leave the bilge over there...

Sorry guys but I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's Wiley's site and he'll run it the way he sees fit. He has been very clear about this for many years.

Right, wrong or indifferent he owns it and does not allow a bunch of mods to interpret the rules as they see fit.

If it floats he wins, sinks he loses.

Seabob, I'd appreciate it if you left me out of your references. I got no dog in your quest to be whatever it is you aspire to be on the internet. It's nothing personal.