Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

GUYS, I NEED YOUR HELP...THANK YOU

Friends of ours were in a terrible boating accident on Saturday. Still can't believe it. Adorable little 6 yr old Blake Richardson was killed Saturday afternoon in a boating accident 1/4 mile from our house. So Very Tragic...His father Mark was hurt very bad, and will probably have permant damage to his arm, if they are able to save it. The driver of their boat was Bill, Marks brother, who faired out well, and extremely lucky. Another boat drove over the top of them on the passanger side while they were stopped. Our Deepest Sympathy to the entire Richardson Family. These are good hard working people, that are need of our help as a community. A benefit act in the name of Blake Richardson has been opened at Hancock Bank. Diamondhead

Act #045397162

or you can mail the checks to our address since we will be seeing them through these difficult times.

Blake Richardson

8230 Maunalani PL.

Diamonhead, MS 39525

account. 045397162

Any help is so apprieciated....THANK YOU GUYS, funeral is tomorrow.

WLOX News - A young boy, injured in a boating accident in Hancock County died and two other passengers on the boat he was in sustained injuries. Six passengers from the other boat suffered minor injuries.

According to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) two recreational boats collided head-on in Rotten Bayou near the Jourdon River north of I-10 in Hancock County on Saturday.

According to Hancock County Coroner Norma Stiglet the young boy was identified as Blake Richardson. An autopsy showed that multiple injuries caused by the impact resulted in his death. Stiglet stressed that drowning was not a factor in his death.

Richardson was pronounced dead at 11:35 p.m. Saturday at Hancock Medical Center.

Blake Richardson was riding with his father, Mark Richardson and his uncle, William Richardson at the time of the accident. William was operating the 19-foot Critchfield skiff. According to DMR Richardson was the only passenger wearing a life jacket on the skiff.

The other boat, a 22-foot Boston Whaler, had six people onboard. The 22-foot Boston Whaler was operated by George Brower II. All six passengers were ejected from the boat at the time of the collision and sustained slight injuries.

Blake Richardson was picked up by an airboat operator and taken to Devil's Elbow in Diamondhead where they were met by Hancock County Sheriff's Department, Diamondhead Fire and Rescue and American Medical Response.

The accident is still under investigation by DMR's Marine Control and Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks. DMR has taken possession of both vessels and a blood test was taken on both vessel operators. Test results are still pending.

Wow so sorry to hear this my thoughts and prayers to the family.

Thank You guys.. The part that really sadens me worse is that the driver after he saw what was going on, and as the rescue air boat was driving Mark and his son to a dock 1/4 mile away...he just left..I cant say to much cause I know all parties involved, including the rescue boat...this was the wrong thing to do...there are no excuse in the world that you can tell me while you see a man holding his sons lifeless body...and then drive off.

Wow so sorry to hear this my thoughts and prayers to the family.

Thank You guys.. The part that really sadens me worse is that the driver after he saw what was going on, and as the rescue air boat was driving Mark and his son to a dock 1/4 mile away...he just left..I cant say to much cause I know all parties involved, including the rescue boat...this was the wrong thing to do...there are no excuse in the world that you can tell me while you see a man holding his sons lifeless body...and then drive off.

So sad and such inexcusable behavior...brings back memories of a case I worked on years back with marine patrol head on into flats boat at night. No kids, thank god, but no failing to stop and render aide !

Friends have been asking about a paypay account to send contributions through. one has now been set up & here it is: Sallysunrise@hotmail.com.

Thank You everyone for your prayers and support. Jeff.

Friends of ours were in a terrible boating accident on Saturday. Still can't believe it. Adorable little 6 yr old Blake Richardson was killed Saturday afternoon in a boating accident 1/4 mile from our house. So Very Tragic...His father Mark was hurt very bad, and will probably have permant damage to his arm, if they are able to save it. The driver of their boat was Bill, Marks brother, who faired out well, and extremely lucky. Another boat drove over the top of them on the passanger side while they were stopped. Our Deepest Sympathy to the entire Richardson Family. These are good hard working people, that are need of our help as a community. A benefit act in the name of Blake Richardson has been opened at Hancock Bank. Diamondhead

Act #045397162

or you can mail the checks to our address since we will be seeing them through these difficult times.

Blake Richardson

8230 Maunalani PL.

Diamonhead, MS 39525

account. 045397162

Any help is so apprieciated....THANK YOU GUYS, funeral is tomorrow.

WLOX News - A young boy, injured in a boating accident in Hancock County died and two other passengers on the boat he was in sustained injuries. Six passengers from the other boat suffered minor injuries.

According to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) two recreational boats collided head-on in Rotten Bayou near the Jourdon River north of I-10 in Hancock County on Saturday.

According to Hancock County Coroner Norma Stiglet the young boy was identified as Blake Richardson. An autopsy showed that multiple injuries caused by the impact resulted in his death. Stiglet stressed that drowning was not a factor in his death.

Richardson was pronounced dead at 11:35 p.m. Saturday at Hancock Medical Center.

Blake Richardson was riding with his father, Mark Richardson and his uncle, William Richardson at the time of the accident. William was operating the 19-foot Critchfield skiff. According to DMR Richardson was the only passenger wearing a life jacket on the skiff.

The other boat, a 22-foot Boston Whaler, had six people onboard. The 22-foot Boston Whaler was operated by George Brower II. All six passengers were ejected from the boat at the time of the collision and sustained slight injuries.

Blake Richardson was picked up by an airboat operator and taken to Devil's Elbow in Diamondhead where they were met by Hancock County Sheriff's Department, Diamondhead Fire and Rescue and American Medical Response.

The accident is still under investigation by DMR's Marine Control and Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks. DMR has taken possession of both vessels and a blood test was taken on both vessel operators. Test results are still pending.

Wow, thank you guys for the help..a few pay pals and checks came in. Mark and Stormy have not come back yet from Indiana where little Blake was to be buried. The paper got the story screwed up stating that the driver of the other boat helped with the rescue..not true...it was a real nice guy doing work for me on a dock that was going home and unfortunetly came upon the scene 7-8 minutes later. Im waiting for the toxology report to come in, I allready know one side, and will wait before I convict the lawyer/financial invester that fled and has tried to turn this event around..all over New Orleans cause he comes from a prominent family. Total BS....HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF...

RIP my lil buddy..

any questions call or email me... thank ya'll. 228-216-0900 Jeff

anyone know how to post a pic.. thank you