Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Its over and not a minute to soon

This winter has been one of the worse in my lifetime up here in eastern Massachusetts, but today the plow off the F250 was put away and I declared victory. The ice has broken up on the local lakes and the snow bank in front of the Boston Whaler disappeared last week.

The Seacraft SF23 project is moving along, I replaced the gas tank and downsized from 150 to 90 gallons due to constant fuel issues and have bought a new Garmin 740s to replace the 3210. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out the procedure.

The 17'whaler needs some keel repair (ahh the young adults nailing the ramp) and I will get that done next weekend as it is first in the water.

R and R has come to mind and a trip to FL is planed for early April to get used to the idea of nice weather. Next year I want to come south early to see in person the boat shows in person that Wiley and Ludicrous so generously photograph.

The water temperature in Chatham is 40 degrees. Rumor has it that some really skinny stripers are making their way north already, I am pumped for spring.

We had winds out of the Southwest this weekend and the pollen is making its way north, I have had issues already but its so much better than snow. This weekend the air temps are in the high 40's.

OK, maybe I was a little optimistic, Snow on Monday but not plowable and the air temp dropped back into the 30's again for the weekend. The whaler is still sitting wrapped up in the backyard waiting for attention.

The good news is that the Seacraft deck is completed and rigging will commence next week. I am going to the shop Tuesday to view progress.

Ahhh, 10 days to go to my FL vacation, I can't wait. This winter has got to end soon.

Back down to the 30's here yesterday and low 50's today after last weeks 80's. Come on warm weather. I don't see how you northernors do it. I guessed you're used to it.

As much as 6-12" coming on Friday. Un-fuggin-real...

CMP