Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Menzies

Titans Push Fisher Out

4 posts in this topic

I don't think he will out of a job for very long!!

========================================================

Jeff Fisher Out as Titans Coach

By Michael David Smith

The longest-tenured coach in the NFL is on the way out, as Jeff Fisher and the Titans have agreed to part ways, the team announced Thursday.

Don Banks of SI.com first reported that Fisher would be leaving the Titans -- with the only issue that needs to be ironed out between Fisher and Titans owner Bud Adams, according to Banks, being whether the coach's departure will be termed a firing, a resignation or a mutual decision.

Adams had announced shortly after the regular season ended that Fisher would be retained into 2011. But things apparently have changed since then.

Fisher has had trouble holding together his coaching staff, with several assistants leaving for other jobs, and there are still lingering issues regarding the team's quarterback.

In early January, Adams announced that Tennessee would move on without Vince Young -- though Adams specifically said that the team would handle its QB and coaching situations separately. But Adams has always liked Young, and this could result in Young staying.

Fisher had a record of 142-120 in the regular season and 5-6 in the playoffs

I think you will be right about the job thing.

If something's inevitable, might as well make it immediate

Big mistake. Vince Young is a cry baby while Jeff Fisher is a hell of a coach who will surely be snapped up by another team. Saw that story when it broke and just shook my head. Look for the Titans to get their asses handed to them next season.