Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bermuda Challenge, 1000 miler !

OOPS! As you can all see , it's been a while since I posted , sorry about that!

So, 2012 will be the 10th Anniversary of The Bermuda Challenge , a 22 hr 23 minute crossing of 740 miles of the The Western Atlantic in Bones , my

Rennaissance Prowler 306 power catamaran.

To celebrate the anniversary I am considering running my Prowler from Bermuda to the Bahamas, approx 1000 miles of open ocean. I intend to take 3-4 days over the trip, filming as we go, pursuing good fuel economy, staying online with Satellite communications, and taking some scientific data en route.

I will be seeking advice on state of the art electronics, solar power for charging video batteries, lightweight desalination gear, and general ideas on which

lightweight radar would be best, which engines offer the best power to weight / fuel economy etc etc.

So , jump on board and chime in with Ideas, thoughts, advice , and psychiatric support!

Bones

• 2 weeks later...

I will be seeking advice on which engines offer the best power to weight / fuel economy etc etc.

So , jump on board and chime in with Ideas, thoughts, advice , and psychiatric support!

Bones

By far you have to look at the Suzuki DF 300. It is proven, strong, reliable and efficent outboard.

Dream Boat owner who made the run from NC to Bermuda choose Suzuki 115 for the 21' boat because of the qualities of being proven, strong, reliable and efficent outboard.

you can read about it at http://dreamboatsbermuda.blogspot.com/

Then they did a trip that total over 8000 miles from Tampa Florida to Germany and once again they choosed Suzuki outboard.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1147609389/cross-the-atlantic-a-documentary-feature-film/

http://www.dreamboats.net/index.html

keep us up to date and good luck