Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Nor-Tech 390 Sport Center Console

wiley

Nor-Tech 390 Sport Center Console - Fort Lauderdale Boat Show Pictures

300 gallons of fuel? Pretty much explains why this is a coastal cruiser and not a great fishing boat.

Ive run this model, and at 52-55mph we were averaging 1.5mpg,.. Nortech also has an available second tank holding close to 500 gallons.

300 gallons of fuel? Pretty much explains why this is a coastal cruiser and not a great fishing boat.

Ive run this model, and at 52-55mph we were averaging 1.5mpg,.. Nortech also has an available second tank holding close to 500 gallons.

500 should be standard on a boat this size with triples. I get around the same fuel efficiency and there are times I wish I held more than 420 gallons. Boat looks nice, would make a great tender to a large yacht. I feel like it falls into the Deep Impact market more so than the hardcore fish boat market.

500 should be standard on a boat this size with triples. I get around the same fuel efficiency and there are times I wish I held more than 420 gallons. Boat looks nice, would make a great tender to a large yacht. I feel like it falls into the Deep Impact market more so than the hardcore fish boat market.

They sold 3 at the show..plus the gray show boat..must be doing somthing right. If I can swing it come Miami I will be building a Hardcore fish model, but till then, unless someone steps up to the plate they dont see a need to change what's selling...reason told, being set up best of both worlds.. As to the Deep Impact market..No Way, quality is much better, no bow rise on take off, flys level, has more interior cockpit space and just looks better..plus they hold their resale..does 73 with trip 300's. and 78 with trip 350 Yammies. Thats where Im uncertain in which way to go.. Merc or Yammies... I like the controls and Smartcraft, along with the throttles, reminds me of my 43NT still sporty, but want everything around the helm set up for hardcore fishing..

They sold 3 at the show..plus the gray show boat..must be doing somthing right. If I can swing it come Miami I will be building a Hardcore fish model, but till then, unless someone steps up to the plate they dont see a need to change what's selling...reason told, being set up best of both worlds.. As to the Deep Impact market..No Way, quality is much better, no bow rise on take off, flys level, has more interior cockpit space and just looks better..plus they hold their resale..does 73 with trip 300's. and 78 with trip 350 Yammies. Thats where Im uncertain in which way to go.. Merc or Yammies... I like the controls and Smartcraft, along with the throttles, reminds me of my 43NT still sporty, but want everything around the helm set up for hardcore fishing..

jass how you know that quality is better than the deep impact actually build now days??

Edited by deep impact

jass how you know that quality is better than the deep impact actually build now days??

Judging by their grammer?

Have pics of the DI from the last KW run taken from the NorTech. I looked at a DI extensively when I was going through my change, do I want another sport boat, or go to a fast and fishable CC. I've looked at them since 08..wanted to buy in 09...a more fishy version, along with a 36YF, and 41 Bahama at the show, this was before I found out about the NT. The quality is good on the DI, but not the same as a NT or even Bahama, which I consider to be an excellent built boat as well.. The way it planes out with one of the salesmen on board, not mentioning names, is totally different than the NT...there is more of a plowing effect, bow down till up to speed. The ride to 50mph is way different, doesnt carry the nose as well, definatly heavy.... Fuel economy is not the same, and its 3' shorter, and doesnt feel as wide. Doesnt keep plane at 10mph, and when hitting large type waves on that run..and it was rough the whole way there with copter above us all..I didnt see any rub rails come undone, or coaming pads pop off the NorTech.. Im just stating a fact, and they have a place in this marketplace as well..How well they will do over time will tell..I guess you need to find some of their customers that have ridden on both boats...preferably same poker runs, same seas, to see what Im takling about. Jeff

Edited by Jassman