Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

I'm curious--How Many Have an EPIRB?

I also have the ACR with gps, and a brand new Revere life raft - I do not plan on using either one, but glad to have them aboard. Bought 2 hydrostatic Mustang inflatable vests for my son and I to wear, they really are comfortable to wear.

I have an EPIRB with GPS, a PLB, an offshore 4 person liferaft, 4 immersion suits, a backup handheld GPS, two back up VHFs, plus installed Raymarine chartplotter, radar, sounder, AIS receiver, FLIR infrared night vision, Sirius weather, and I hope to God I never need any of the emergency equipment. I just got the immersion suits because the water up here is in the 40s and those NFL players died from hypothermia with water in the mid 60s. That got me thinking.