Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

At it again

I'm at it again, In august 2010 I started my six boat restoration. Maybe this will be my last one. She is 1966 Gustafsson & Anderson 103' and her new name in "LOST PERL" It should take me 2-3 years to get done. She has a lot of history under her. Built in Sweden and has been all over the world. The last few owners were not able to properly care and restore a large yacht of this size and now it's up to me. I own a little of land on the Cumberland river three miles from downtown Nashville. (I hope the Corp lets me keep her there long enough to get her done)(mile 187) I have no power but my new 30 kw norpro generator. It is a 40' bank to climb every day. It's not like I am at the boat dock. So doing the normal things like taking trash and supplies on and off the boat are not the easiest. But this is the price I pay to have her. Sense I work on her almost every day I keep a daily log online about how things are going @ http://www.lostpearl.net/ I hope this will help you with your project, boat or not

• 1 month later...

Things are coming together now

All the rooms that were removed have been put back in but I bet I have better layout.

IMG_0033_1.jpgIMG_0537.jpg

My teaks first coat is down at last. We have put in many hundred hours to get it to this point. It will be much easier to maintain now. I will put more varnish on in the spring, or the next Tennessee warm days.

2142243_9.jpgIMG_0528.jpg

www.lostpearl.net

Edited by capt.mike

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for more pictures, Another important aspect of building something new is the urge to improvise on the fly. While you could do it with aesthetics and other add-ons, never experiment with the house boat floor plan. The entire plan and the design are based on ensuring stability and balance of the boat house in water.

• 2 months later...

I know what you mean. There days I ask myself what I got myself into. But I know I will get it there one day. The weather is warm enough to work outside on it. I have came a long ways on the upper deck.

http://web.me.com/tanyard/Lost_Pearl/My_Albums/Pages/March.html

Hope you don't have any nasty floods on tghe river. That could get interesting.