Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

For sale: Pathfinder 2300dv / Suzuki 300 - PRICE REDUCTION (9/30)

Here's another shot from last weekend, taken by a friend:

profile_small.jpg

And on another forum somebody asked about converting the aft floor hatch into a livewell, since some boats leave the factory with that configuration.

Cooper, how easy would it be and how would you go about converting the aft storage box into a livewell? I know that Pathfinder sometimes plumbs that box from the factory. I believe a read somewhere that it would add approximately 60 more gallons of livewell capacity to the boat! that'd be over 100 gallons total.... i have visions of lots and lots of pilchards ready for tuna.....

My response:

I'm sure it would be doable for a DIYer, but it would be a real project. The main effort would be working around or modifying existing plumbing and wiring. I believe the aft wall of that hatch is also the forward wall of the bilge area, so access wouldn't be bad for drilling holes for the sprayers and drains.

There are already two livewell pumps. If the second was just re-routed to the new well, that would save some head scratching. Possibly both could be re-routed with Y selector valves to choose your lievewell.

One thing I do not have an answer to is whether or not the factory does anything special to that area when it's a livewell. Maybe they beef it up structurally or something. I called the factory. They tell me that all the 23dvs go out with the same structural components, so no fiberglass work would needed to make the aft floor hatch capable of holding a few hundred pounds of water. The guy on the phone was talking about a "tub", but I'm not sure if mine is a single molded unit like the name "tub" would imply. I'm going to take some photos of that hatch and post on the pathfinder forums where there are some other 23dv owners who do have the hatch plumbed. I'll followup here with whatever I find out.

After checking out the boat today, I can confirm that the aft center hatch will not work for a livewell. The top sides are open for the fuel lines to run through. And, maybe because of the larger than normal fuel tank, the forward wall is a false bulkhead glued in place. It would not hold water. It's a great place for acastnet, cleaning supplies, life jackets, etc. But not live bait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response! The barracuda name is just a vinyl sticker that can be removed easily. If that's removed and the hull is polished/buffed, it will all shine and you'll never know it was there. If it hasn't sold, I'll be polishing the hull over the winter before I murder some fish in the spring. ;)

• 1 month later...

I added a bunch of pictures, some repeats from this thread, some new, to a gallery at http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/117648/2/boat/2005%20pathfinder?h=264610 They're broken down by year when the photo was taken. Within the album for each year there are multiple pages. I did not label or order them, so let me know if anybody has any specific questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man that is a steal. Wish i was in the market i would take that off your hands. Best of luck with sale.

Thanks, Back Sound. I've had some interest, but it's still mine.

Before the holidays I had the 100 hour service done. There are currently about 90 hours on the engine.

I also took the trailer in to have the brakes and bearings gone through. The brakes are FULLY replaced and brand new. Even the tube to the master cylinder is new. I am going to replace the safety chains (they're rusty), the winch strap (it's fine, but 3 years in the sun probably has taken some sort of toll), and the lights/wiring (a side light is burned out, some connections are corroding). When this work is done, the trailer will essentially be BRAND NEW.

I'm also going to take the vinyl name off the hull and compound it. Then I'll wash and wax.

This weekend I'm going to put the full cover on for the winter.

Here are some fresh pictures.

Engine hours:

20101217_engine_hours.jpg

100 hour service:

100_hour.jpg

New brakes:

20101217_new_brakes.jpg

new_brakes.jpg

More wiring:

20101217_wiring_1.jpg

20101217_wiring_2.jpg

20101217_wiring_3.jpg