Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Transom/Trim Issues from Trailering

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever; you're the one with a broke bayliner.

I guess ya have a cornprehension problem, eh? I said I wrapped the tranny in 5/16 aluminum so it is a now solid as a rock.

Bayliners are very lightly built boats, the lighest built of all the boats that I own (and I have a few of 'em, [only one Bayhole]). That is why ol' Redneck Joe calls 'em "Bayholes", the name was givin' by a TN Lady known as Mermaid, (if I recall correctly), and the name stuck with me as very approprate and discriptive.

Thanks for your permission to carry on.

Yer welcome. ;) JR

well, its a steel trailer, outboard and boat both around 24 years old, transom straps either side of outboard well, motor bracket directly to trailer, and we have very rough roads over here. It works well for me.

I bet yer right, and you would know.

Boat securely strapped to the trailer says it all: Ken.

Ya know the old sayin' you can lead a horse ta water ...............

Or you ask anyone that trailers a boat over a couple years and doesn't use any transom wedges or sticks to hold it up, and see what their results are.

Most importantly, apparently, the boat shouldn't be a Bayliner.

And there is the first "Bashing of the brands" on reelboating.com

First!

'98 Aquasport 250 Osprey, twin 150 Fichts, tandem Load-Rite, 4 years. No issues, and OMC/BRP is the only manufacturer to recommend using their "trailer supports" for trailering. The rest state in the owners manuals that those supports (or "locks") are only to be used to facillitate working on the engine. BTW, I just tilted up and went... :605_thumbs_up:

I bet yer right, and you would know.

Boat securely strapped to the trailer says it all: Ken.

Ya know the old sayin' you can lead a horse ta water ...............

yep, if my boat was bouncing around on the trailer enough for me to worry about the weight on the outboard I know what I would be fixing.

Not really.

I think the explanation of what it is probably clears up why it had a broke transom.

yeah, Bayholes are crap. My 22 year old cruiser actually had to have a stern drive replaced and the windows resealed. I guess Sea Rays are crap too because my 20 year old runabout had to have a carb rebuilt and the sterndrive repared. Oh, and the speedometer doesn't work. Someday I'll learn that I need to spend more than a few grand on my boats.