Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Zuki or E-tec

I just don't like the smell of a 2 stroke and YES every Etec I have been next to , stinks.

This is not a bash , just what I like .

The only thing worse than a stinky 2 stroke to me is a diesel , Diesel will make me BARF.

I am glad to see that BRP has got the Etec's moving on .

Now, Run what ya brung and lets go fishing.

Exhaust is exhaust, and all gas or diesel burners have it. It is not advisable to breath it. The newer cleaner engines have less, but they still have it. I was in an idle zone not to long ago behind one of the top of the line four strokes. It still has exhaust. It stinks. I had to move over a bit to get out of his exhaust trail. It is true that four stroke has less exhaust than the older two strokes, but the E-Tec is a clean engine. Just don't breath any exhaust if you can help it, it is not good for you.