Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Worst ride while in a boat?

Better to be onshore wishing you were on the ocean thab

Whats the worst boat ride you have been in?

1)When I was 17 and new to boating I was talked into a ride on an old Glastream speed boat. I thought I was going to die that day fellows.The driver was showing off in the inlet jumping waves and I was getting pounded bad.Then he stuffed a wave and swamped the boat.I swam back to the jetty in Fort Pierce and walked to a phone.

2)Saber Cat boat. I recently rode in one and thought the driver was going to kill me.I was scared more because I had back surgery 18 weeks ago and the thing was pounding.

Quoted changed for ocean:

Better to be on shore wishing you were on the ocean than be on the ocean wishing you were on shore.

• 5 months later...

Newport to narrow river south of beaver tail in 3-5s in an eighteen foot MFG with a friend of mine who didn't know the pointy end from the blunt end of a boat. He ran it so hard my elbows hurt from bracing. Ignored my suggestion to slow a bit until I noticed he had cracked the transom. I was super busy every time he called to go out after that.

13 Whaler from Green Turtle to Treasure with my wife. I was having a grand old time, but the 3-5's had her nerved up! Had to re-arrange my organs when we got there and spring for a hotel room and a ferry ticket for her. She was NOT getting on that tub under any circumstances.

Entry to the west end of the CC Canal with a 20mph afternoon SW and a westward current in a 21' Whaler........ for a brief moment I was wondering why we were the only boat in sight....ohmy.png I kissed the ground upon arrival at Taylor Point Marina.1946_headbanging.gif