Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat name install

Do your best to align the decal or letter parallel with another part on the boat. Measure down and use a pencil line that you will rub off later. The soapy water, in a spray bottle will not affect the line. Lots of water and work bubbles from the inside out! Good luck

I have always used windex instead of soapy water. Probably not much difference, but the windex seems to evaporate faster which I think reduces the time to full adhesion....which might be a negative if the decal is huge. Oh, and don't use a credit card....pony up a dollar for a fairly rigid plastic squeegee.

You probably already know, but be sure and use a mild solvent or alcohol to wipe down the area prior to the installation. Removal of the wax will greatly enhance the adhesion of the vinyl.

I like to use the blue painters tape as an alignment method. It's easy to remove and won't leave any residue.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...