Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

North Palm Beach FL, new No-Wake zone

I know that there are a fair amount of us from North Palm Beach, Jupiter area on this forum. Just saw this on WPTV here.

LAKE WORTH, Fla. - Construction is expected to get underway as soon as Tuesday to install special new signs along the intracoastal in northern Palm Beach County.

The signs will mark a new boating safety zone in the waterway that will extend from the Donald Ross Road Bridge, south, to the Parker Bridge where the intracoastal enters the Lake Worth Lagoon.

If you boat in that zone, you'll have to watch the new slower speed and no-wake rules.

For those of us who boat here, not sure why they are adding this. There are no docks, no houses and no boats in the area where they are extending the current No Wake zone. Any speculation as to why they are making the change? Granted - it's not a long run, maybe 1/2 mile or so, but I'm wondering if the North Palm Beach golf course had anything to do with it.

Just read the update here : http://myfwc.com/docs/RecreationActivities/Boat_PalmBeachCounty_68D-24-017.pdf

It's from Donald Ross Road all the way to Lake Worth.

Edited by stevek185

Steve, Our favorite Ramp will be included in this area...

Soon it will all be no wake.... I see it coming...

Oh well, I still enjoy the area, now we will just do it slower...

:605_thumbs_up:

That means it will be, essentially no wake from Jupiter to North Palm Beach. The more big homes that go in, the more no-wake zones. They blame it on manatees, but it's for the rich people who can't put in lifts for their boats.

The area between just south of PGA to the U.S. 1 bridge (was a wide open zone) is kind of strange in that you have that small area to open it up, only to slow down at the bridge near the wide open part of the ICW.

The area south of Donald Ross near Jupiter has a lot of homes along it, and a couple of ramps. It's nice to be able to cruise through there. I guess, no more.

Just so everyone knows this zone had areas of idle speed, slow speed, and 25mph to 30 mph depending on the time of the year. "manatee Season" It is now slow speed for the entire streach which slows speed in some areas and increases speed in others. Marine Industries Association of Palm Beach County negotiatied this with FMC who origionally requested this entire area be changed to idle speed! Test runs at old posted speeds and at the new posted speeds show that the commute will take almost the exact same time after the change. Please be aware that you are responsible for your wake at all times and idle speed could still be necessary at boat ramps, marinas, and private docks when boating activity is present in this area.