Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

2000 Scarab Sport 302 Clearcoat

I'he had my scarab for two years now, and lately every time I go out there are part of the clearcoat that finishes the sides peeled off. I worked for Bertram Yacht many years and we used Dupont Imron on waterlines, etc. and know that is always best to top coat with the same brand for compability. Does anyone know what Wellcraft used for clear coat in year 2000 production? I'd hate to prep the whole boat, spray and react, besides these coatings are expensive. (Imron, AWL-GRIP, Sterling, etc)

thanks

Nelson

• 6 years later...
On 7/2/2010 at 5:40 PM, Seahorse1 said:

I'he had my scarab for two years now, and lately every time I go out there are part of the clearcoat that finishes the sides peeled off. I worked for Bertram Yacht many years and we used Dupont Imron on waterlines, etc. and know that is always best to top coat with the same brand for compability. Does anyone know what Wellcraft used for clear coat in year 2000 production? I'd hate to prep the whole boat, spray and react, besides these coatings are expensive. (Imron, AWL-GRIP, Sterling, etc)

thanks

Nelson

Hi Nelson,

Do you still own the 2000 Scarab 302? Did you figure out what clear was used on the hull? I have the exact same boat with same issue and looking at getting the flooring completely redone as well. Based on what Iv'e read Boathaus is the guy to take it to. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

IMG_0654.JPG