Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bimini trip - Bimini Big Game

Just got back from 4 days in Bimini. The ride over last Thursday was a rough and sloppy 4-6 with some 8' swells. It took what seemed like forever to get there. But we had a great time, loaded up on Mahi on Friday.

We stayed at the newly reopened Big Game Club, they did a nice job, I think it will make a great comeback. I'm planning to make another trip in a month or so. The ride back on Sunday was very nice, an easy 2-3 foot seas. We made it in an hour and 40 mins.

Here are a few pics. Pay no attention to the dates on the pics, the camera is all effed up.

Bimini6-10029.jpg

BBGCphoto.jpg

Bimini6-10028.jpg

Bimini6-10023.jpg

Bimini6-10022.jpg

Bimini6-10026.jpg

Bimini6-10025.jpg

Bimini6-10006.jpg

This is what the golf cart looked like after a quick island cruise....LOL

Bimini6-10007.jpg

My fishing buddies in the cart on the south tip by the inlet.

Bimini6-10016.jpg

Bimini6-10019.jpg

Graveyard on the south tip. I wouldn't mind being buried here. Nice view.

Bimini6-10017.jpg

Rainstorm offshore

Bimini6-10009.jpg

Afternoon view from Spook Hill Beach

Bimini6-10020.jpg

Bar and Grill sign is exact same as Bimini Boatyard sign in Ft Lauderdale.

I noticed the same thing, then in the hotel office they have a sign that says to visit their sister restaurant "Bimini Boatyard" in Ft Lauderdale. I guess that place is also owned by Guy Harvey and Outpost.

http://biggameclubbimini.com/

Edited by ScarabChris

The Bimini Big Game Bar & Grill sign does indeed look like that of Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill...

That's our sister restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale on the 17th St. Causeway, across from the offices of Guy Harvey Outpost Resorts. We spend a lot of time there, wishing we were in Bimini....so we decided to always be at home - whether we are in Bimini or Ft. Lauderdale!

At the Club we call our outlet affectionately the "BGBG". Food, fun and fabulous views!

Come on over this summer and enjoy the fun. Big Reopening party on Saturday July 24th. check the website for more details.

Right now, its time for breakfast at the BGBG, watching the sun rise...gotta go. "THE BIG GAME IS ON" !

Tight Lines

Mark Ellert

Guy Harvey Outpost Bimini

• 2 weeks later...