Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

can motor be run with no exhaust tube

pulled my lower unit & found the exhaust tube in peices looks like it coroded away. can the motort be run with out the tube? the drsg boats remove the tube but they also drill holes in the midsection. Im want ting to water test & have a tournament to fish this weekend. any chance i can run it like this?

pees fine water tube in place inner exhaust tube failed.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,"can the motor be run with out the tube?" NO

You have to get the water from the foot to the powerhead with this tube.

It would help to know what kind of setup you're talking about. Assuming Mercruiser, I'd say it's Ok. The tubes job is to get the exhaust gases directed thru the prop hub to help in starting from a dead stop. It aeroates the prop to let the rpms come up a bit. The early engines used an exhaust boot. It was discovered that V8 engines would cause the boot to swell and get abraided and fail. Thus the tube was introduced. Hope this helps.

It would help to know what kind of setup you're talking about. Assuming Mercruiser, I'd say it's Ok. The tubes job is to get the exhaust gases directed thru the prop hub to help in starting from a dead stop. It aeroates the prop to let the rpms come up a bit. The early engines used an exhaust boot. It was discovered that V8 engines would cause the boot to swell and get abraided and fail. Thus the tube was introduced. Hope this helps.

evinrude 175 turns out it's the exhaust tuner.

Sorry,,,I read it wrong. I thought you were talking about the water tube that runs from the foot to the powerhead..............................

no problemo it runs great not sure if im losing some power by not having theexhaust tuner?