Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

somebody is breaking into my boat.

I need info on wireless alarms. Somebody is breaking into my boat . Tonight I went down to my dock to run the engines and found all switches turned on including the pumps. They knew where to find the battery switches and turn them on. Pumps have been running for who knows how long. My dock has no power so there are no lights. Because this is my busy season I don't get down to the boat more than once a week. Any help would be most appreciated.

I need info on wireless alarms. Somebody is breaking into my boat . Tonight I went down to my dock to run the engines and found all switches turned on including the pumps. They knew where to find the battery switches and turn them on. Pumps have been running for who knows how long. My dock has no power so there are no lights. Because this is my busy season I don't get down to the boat more than once a week. Any help would be most appreciated.

Don't you just love kids who have nothing to do but make other people's lives miserable? And they probably did it from Daddy's boat... :753_hammer_hitting_head: :753_hammer_hitting_head:

The kind of alarm you need is gonna be expensive. I think its a Phone dialer that calls your Cell phone or maybe the Cops or the alarm company.

One of my customers had one that opened a Mic to the Shed. It would dial her phone and she would listen for a minute or two, to see what they were doing, and then scare the crap out of them by speaking through the Alarm unit. :lol:

Many after-market car alarms use a current sensor as a trigger. You can get one of these for under $100. You would need to wire it to your battery and add a ciruit like the equivalent of a test light somwhere down line from your main switch, to trip the current sensor. The alarm would reset after 15 minutes so you your batery will not run down as much.

If you have a fog-horn you cold also add a switched circuit for that so when they hit the main switch the intruder will get blasted. Instinctive reaction would be to turn the switch back off or run. So this does have the risk of draining your battery if they just leave.

Good luck!

Call a local alarm company, not a chain company, but a one or two man shop in your area, they should know how to alarm your boat, and set it up to dial out on a celluar system.

If you get lucky you may find a company who's owner has a boat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...