Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

I feel special.

I got special email from Wiley asking me to join in as a poster. I am a lurker by nature...my dad always said ...Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt. I spent 22 years in the Navy and learned first hand you better be silent. I have learned much from the site and recognize I am do not know it all. I enjoy most of the posts and do a lot of dreaming. My wife and I will be 60 this year and we enjoy our fishing and boating but the oil spill in the gulf have closed off our fishing in the marsh out of Bayou la Batre, Al. I will take Wiley up and start posting more often. He has done a fine job and I will be back.

Frank

I got special email from Wiley asking me to join in as a poster. I am a lurker by nature...my dad always said ...Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt. I spent 22 years in the Navy and learned first hand you better be silent. I have learned much from the site and recognize I am do not know it all. I enjoy most of the posts and do a lot of dreaming. My wife and I will be 60 this year and we enjoy our fishing and boating but the oil spill in the gulf have closed off our fishing in the marsh out of Bayou la Batre, Al. I will take Wiley up and start posting more often. He has done a fine job and I will be back.

Frank

Frank,

We really don't bite, unlike elsewhere's. We would love to here your accounts/descriptions of what is REALLY going on with the water quality and conditions in Bayou la Batre. We hear a lot of "second-hand" knowledge. Like to get your knowledge, up close and personal...

Post some photos of the oil debockle. Let us know first hand the effects you are seeing.

The government and BP may not care but we do. The only thing is we have no power to do anything.

All the suggestions on youtube and I am not sure if any of them are even going to be tried, even in a small area as a test.

Don't be shy, post away.

Thank you for your service to this country!

Capt. Jeff