Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Are there to many forums out there?

I'm finding about 100 normally active members were having access problems to the forum.

80% of them were having login name vs display name errors. Which frustrates me about this software.

Both should be the same but many put different names ... tried signing in with their display name rather than their login name.

I fixed a bunch of them. If you are able to login no you have nothing to worry about. If you can't login this is probab ly the issue and you should contact me.

I'm not much of a poster, but I do post on a forum that is more local to me. this forum seems to be about East coast with a little Gulf in the mix. I like learning what other sections of the country have going on, but when time is short I read the local forum.

I will admit I do post on the old site more then here, there is just more traffic there. But overall I am not as active on any of the forums as I used to be, just to busy this time of year. I do check in here pretty much every day.

Especially getting that little one PT'd... :1992_beer_cheer:

Yeah tell me about it, he's a triple daily dumper, sometimes he's a quad-deuce. :2261_high:

I will admit I do post on the old site more then here, there is just more traffic there. But overall I am not as active on any of the forums as I used to be, just to busy this time of year. I do check in here pretty much every day.

Especially getting that little one PT'd... :1992_beer_cheer:

Yeah tell me about it, he's a triple daily dumper, sometimes he's a quad-deuce. :2261_high:

I think it just takes time...you got forums specific to a boat or topic, ie, wooden boat, great grady, classic mako etc.....the one big one everybody complains about and still goes to has SOOOOO many members that it will take time to get them to check out something new......word of mouth, advertizing and just being another spec of sand on the beach will move people over, especially if bashing is TRUELY not allowed.....there are tons of people surfing who are afraid to post just for that reason....that's who you need to attract to get this forum going IMHO.

I personally do not Facebook, Twitter or any of that other stuff. Not knocking anyone that does but, I simply do not have the time/interest to do so. I opened a FB account to see someone on it and then forgot about it. I started getting friend invitations from people I did not even know and some from people I knew from high school that I didn't like then (30 year ago. I really like this site but there does seem to be a lack of traffic and I don't know why. I do get on another site (Charlestonfishing.com) but that is because it is local to me. Don't give up Wiley. I think the reel boaters/fishermen (I put myself in there loosely) will keep coming here and you will see growth, it just may take a little longer.

Same here on the FB Twitter etc.

Old school mates? I did not like them then, nor like them now. Never went to any school dances. I did go to 2 reunions, that was a mistake.

Twitter, that I still do not understand. Who would actually take the time to "Follow" someones every daily move.

....I am looking out the window at the ocean......

....where are my shoes.......

.....the phone rang but I let go to voice mail.....

....what's that smell...

....I wish my neighbor would bend over again at her pool......

....WTF?????????????.....

I don't get it?

Sometimes I post dumb crap to get a response, spread information and or start a conversation.

One thing though, if you have a legit question on any subject, there usually is someone out there to give an educated answer.

You can Google it, but I guess there is something about someone from "the family" providing an answer.

Capt. Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely visit RB anymore because there's never anything new.

I don't contribute much because I don't have anything interesting to say.

So what can't be said here that is said "over there"? And where's Ron Widman? :471_confused_face:

I stop at three or four forums every morning. RB is one of my normal stops. I occasionally post here when I can add to the conversation. In this case I am doing this post just to add to new content. This forum needs some action.

My favorite forum is a fishing site devoted specifically to my area of Central Florida (No it's not the Florida Sportsman Forum). I stop there 3 or 4 times a day to connect with fishermen and women that I know and fish with out of Port Canaveral and Ponce Inlet. They post their fishing successes and failures each time they go out.