Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Star Tron Samples - 12 available

Guest edgewater225

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest edgewater225

If the engine runs of gas, it will run better with Star Tron. I use it in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Porsche 911. My wife has a classic Jeep Grand Wagoneer "Woody" that was pretty much a PIA to start until she began using Star Tron. Now it purrs and she won't let me drive it.

I was able to go from Premium gas to regular in the Cherokee (it has the HO engine) with no issues. However, if I try to run regular that isn't treated with Star Tron it runs very rough. I only run Premium in the 911; my mechanic was amazed that there was no carbon at all at the 30,000 service. He made me give him a bottle.

Bill

I'm gonna try it in my car and motorcycles.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only put about 4 hours on my boat since I added the Star Tron. I haven't really noticed a difference in the way it runs but I wasn't really having problems before, I just thought it would be good for maintenance as I don't use the boat nearly enough.

I'm going to put some in my hard starting 2-stroke weed eater fuel and see if it helps. That damn thing I get to use too much. :angry::D

Guest edgewater225

It'll make your weedwhacker behave and start without the normal 3,456 curse words.

Edited by edgewater225

• 2 months later...

I am one of the original twelve to sample this new product. My boat sat idle from late June through Labor Day. I own a seasonal restaurant so I don't get to do any boating in the summer. At any rate when I went out after Labor Day my engines ran great. The summer before I had carb problems and had to have them pulled. My engines started right up and when running up through the rpm range had no hesitation at all. Great product. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

this offer is now closed!!

NO MORE REQUESTS!!

Because we are so pleased to be the newest Reel Boating sponsor, I will send a free 8 oz bottle of Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment to the first 12 people who send a PM with a shipping address, If you are #13, you are sol.

All I ask is that you use it and then report back to this thread, posting your thoughts: good, bad or indifferent.

Get busy

Bill

Well I can now report back. Winter, kitchen remodel and crappy spring weather kept me off the water too long.

I filled my 92 gallon tank with 1 - 8 oz bottle of Star Tron back in November and then I take the boat for a ride to run the mixture through the engine. After sitting for 5 months the boat runs like I just fueled up with fresh fuel.

I must admit that I have been using Star Tron to winterize my boat like this for years now (with E-10 fuel) with the same results! I always like a freebee :605_thumbs_up:

Thanks Bill

• 1 month later...

I have been using Startron for a couple of years in my 1986 OMC Seadrive that I mix the oil in fuel manually due to failed VRO back in the day.

I can say this, when running 40-50 miles offshore, before I used Startron, I had to use all 5 of my 6 gallon cans to refuel to get back and the tank was near empty. After using Startron, I only had to use 3 of the cans to top her off and when I got back, only burned 1/2 tank! The motor idles better, plugs last longer and are cleaner as well as the pistons when looking in the hole. Have never had to remove any water from the fuel bowl.

I am impressed and have even used in the cars on occasion. I swear at times, my mileage improves even in the cars. I think this is a super and real product as I have been burned by snake oils before, this ain't one of them!

Now using in my new to me boat on the 2006 Yamaha HPDI's. Have only put about 20 hours on so far, but add it with the Yamaha Ring free, so at least I have peace of mind and am sure it is cleaning the system.