Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Responsibility?

Rick, what did you do on your bachelor party? anyone else care to chime in?

I am actually glad I have this video. I can look back at it and smile for years to come. Yes, it may have been a little irresponsible, but atleast it was an innocent good time. We all made it home safe to our wives and familes. No one went to jail or caught any std's. Trust me, I am typically a safe and cautious boater, but sometimes in life you have to live it up.

I know anything can happen on the water, but I know and trust my boat. I have tracked 1000's of miles in similar or worse conditions in this or a similar vessel. I knew exactly how it would respond in those conditions. If I felt like the conditions would have caused a crew member to be ejected from the boat; then I would have modified my speed or heading.

Edited by Propbender

Prop,

I am sure you had a good time, but within reason.... I honestly believe you are an experienced boater and know when enough is enough... I also honestly believe that you would not put your "boat", "crew", or yourself in harmsway!

I hope the wedding was well, and wish to see your boat someday.

David

Rick, what did you do on your bachelor party? anyone else care to chime in?

I am actually glad I have this video. I can look back at it and smile for years to come. Yes, it may have been a little irresponsible, but atleast it was an innocent good time. We all made it home safe to our wives and familes. No one went to jail or caught any std's. Trust me, I am typically a safe and cautious boater, but sometimes in life you have to live it up.

I know anything can happen on the water, but I know and trust my boat. I have tracked 1000's of miles in similar or worse conditions in this or a similar vessel. I knew exactly how it would respond in those conditions. If I felt like the conditions would have caused a crew member to be ejected from the boat; then I would have modified my speed or heading.

I went snowmobiling on my bachelor party, I was by myself on the sled. I also did not put it on you tube. Perhaps you were sober and your friends were not very drunk. That was not the description you gave about your friends. Maybe nobody was going to get ejected, then again, the guy with the camera damn near fell because he was not hanging on. In 22 years as a first aider I pulled 26 bodies out of the water. 2/3's of those were boating related. One of them was a friends girlfriend and he was paralyzed because of two different people being stupid. He decided to blast down a creek at night doing 75 MPH and never saw the other idiot anchored in the channel with no lights. He went in one side of the cabin cruiser and out the other killing both people on the cruiser and his girlfriend in his boat. I am glad you all got back safe and I am happy for you getting married. You want to have fun, great. Keep the video to look at with your buddies. Don't put it on the internet for all the see and not expect some flack.

• 1 year later...

Cant say without being there,looks snotty but I think the video is deceiving too .I would not run in snotty seas at high speeds on auto pilot.Anything can happen out there even when at the wheel but I want the advantage of at least having some control (if say) I need to avoid a submerged object .

No way in hell would I trust a stinking auto pilot with my life or others on my boat.

'Wont pass judgement on these guys. I wasn't there and who am I to pass judgement anyway.

I, for one, resent seeing Prop get 'scolded' on this Forum. Rickf, If you wish to be holier than thou, keep it to yourself ! Send prop a PM or a postcard decrying his actions. Swear to me you didn't run with scissors as a child, or STFU !

Some people unlike you take risks: People like Evil Knievel, Bill Gates, Dale Earnhardt Jr.. This is how you learn to run a boat that will go 75 knots. Sometimes people that get very good at a skill can hang it out.

Prop has demonstrated his abilities, and his love of speed. He is not a stupid kid or a YooTube video fool. He did this one time. Deal with it.

I have always disliked people that cite rules & criticize others openly, Yet contribute nothing themselves.. I am sorry to bust you, but please keep your social conscience to yourself.

Woodsie