Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Maui Jim

I went to a fishing show and saw a booth with Maui Jims sunglasses. I tried on a pair and liked them. I was shocked at the price. For those that own them:

1) Are they worth the money?

2) Do the dealers negotiate? I see cheaper prices online.

Anything that may be helpful…please reply. Especially if you have an online site that sells the REAL thing at discount.

Thanks

Edited by WarFish

I went to a fishing show and saw a booth with Maui Jim’s sunglasses. I tried on a pair and liked them. I was shocked at the price. For those that own them:

Anything that may be helpful…please reply. Especially if you have an online site that sells the REAL thing at discount.

Thanks

I have had a pair of maui's for 3 years. I sent them back when i bought them to have a prescription put in. To say I love them is an understement. They are superb. I have owned Revo, Ray Ban. These blow them away for durability, polarization etc. Love em. Buy them, you'll love them.

i'm averaging a pair a year for the last few years. have 4 now. i like them alot. just sent one back a few months ago for repair. 2 pairs actually,under a year old, i think it was about 10 bucks and they came back with a new warranty. got them back in i think about 2 weeks. i have all grey lenses and one HT, its a greenish lens, really nice for low light, rain, fog, etc.

Yes they are.

I also like my Costa Del Mars.

Wear good lenses for a while and you will not be able to wear other glasses. My eyes literally hurt in the sun with cheaper ones now. While the sun in San Diego isn't the same as FL, there is plenty of sun here.

Different lenses do make a difference in different water types and cloud cover.

MJs are great eyewear. I have 2 pair - One for golf - very light and one for fishing - with a frame that wraps around a bit and handles high speed runs. I liked my Ocean Waves, too - but they went swimming... Yes, the MJs are pricey, but well worth the $$s - ditto most good equipment, rods, reels, etc. Good luck.

I went to a fishing show and saw a booth with Maui Jim’s sunglasses. I tried on a pair and liked them. I was shocked at the price. For those that own them:

Thanks

I keep a pair in my race kit. If I'm driving a coupe I use them with the visor up. I think they are great. I probably have 7 pair of boat shades and they are top shelf there as well.