Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boston Whaler Outrage

Just got a 25' Boston Whaler Outrage 1982 in great condition with twin 140 Johnson's I will be checking things out in the next few days. There is a lot that I do not know about this boat yet. Things I do know it has dual fuel tanks. Any help would be appreciated the cabin wood is fine but the deck wood could look better Thanks Tim

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep 4 boats in the yard. I'm going to rehab anyhow that's what I told my wife :605_thumbs_up:Been cleaning it up today and checking the motors and the compression is good lower units good. Needs new plugs,one tilt and trim motor is low on fluid. It has no electronics. :rb-rules:

post-1969-126663057298_thumb.jpg

Yep 4 boats in the yard. I'm going to rehab anyhow that's what I told my wife :605_thumbs_up:Been cleaning it up today and checking the motors and the compression is good lower units good. Needs new plugs,one tilt and trim motor is low on fluid. It has no electronics. :rb-rules:

Nice whaler. thats too bad. you only have 4 boats in the yard. I dont count mine? That way I dont have to lie to my wife! One of my friends uses an older outrage to stiper fish the inlets up here and he does test the boats floatation occasionally with the stripers hanging out in the breakers. Its a good safe boat.

always liked that outrage cuddy. pretty sure the 25 was rated for 300 hp max. more with a whaler drive. I have a friend that has i think a late 80's model with the whaler drive. i think he's put 4 or 5 sets of motors on it. but i think he tuna fishes it alot from boston and brings it to florida in the winter. so, it gets lots of use. still looks great though. i have a 20' outrage hull (funny cap put on and they called it the Temptation). i've always found it to be a dry high riding hull, compared to similar sized sport type boats. check the drain tubes. i did the one in the cabin after about 20 years (keep the boat in freshwater use it in salt). it was all corroded. sort of an annoying little 2 person job, but not all that difficult. i found it last spring while putting the plug in and the tube started spinning with the plug. fun times.