Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

new YAMAHA F300

Jeese, If you can wait for those new light 300's to come out you should. That is going to be the best engine option that we have seen in a while for our Venture boats. I think the power to weight ratio will be awesome. My name is Byng Osborne and I am the service manager at Venture.please give me a call if I can help you with anything. Byng

Byng give me your best guess on the new (triple) 300s for the Venture 39 - or is the (triple) 350 yammy package the way to go?

Hmmmmmm....558 lbs per new 300 vs 804 lbs per F350. That's gonna be about 740 lbs less weight on the transom.

Jeese, If you can wait for those new light 300's to come out you should. That is going to be the best engine option that we have seen in a while for our Venture boats. I think the power to weight ratio will be awesome. My name is Byng Osborne and I am the service manager at Venture.please give me a call if I can help you with anything. Byng

thanks BYNG, will keep that in mind, but to be honest it has been a trouble free experience so for.

am anxious to learn more about those engines

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the 31st Contender at the Miami Boat show that had a pair of the new 300's on the back. The motors are sweet indeed and will be a great seller for Yamaha. Additionally the new gauge package is outstaning.

Talking with my "source" just today I believe there has been a slight delay as the motors will not be flowing into dealerships until late May. I know one boat builder that has 13 on order for sold boats. They will get them in the first shipment.

post-313-126981050546_thumb.jpg