Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

new YAMAHA F300

Does anyone have any information or first hand experience with the new YAMAHA F300'S. I am thinking about repowering from 3.5 year old f250's to the new 300's. any input would be appreciated.

If your boat is the Generation 1 Venture 34 Hull like mine is I have to think this will be the PERFECT power for this boat.... fired up so see the performance #s when they come out...

From what one of my members tell me , this motor is more for the bass boat crowd.

The numbers I have seen on this motor ? Let's just say the 2 stroke guys are going to have a tough time figuring out how a 4 stroke can match them.

:1946_headbanging:

Edited by welder

This is a new generation 4.2 litre available in 200, 250 and 300 hp versions. The initial batch is called the SHO, avialble in 20" shaft version. Definitely for the bass boat crowd.

The next batch is a 25" and 30" shaft motor for our bigger boats. The weights of the 25" shaft motor are reported around 558 lbs.

Instead of all my blather..here is a link..

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/V6offshore_micro/

I hear their new gauges are 7" across...look at these

post-658-126661042121_thumb.jpg

Edited by triumphrick

• 3 weeks later...

Jeese, If you can wait for those new light 300's to come out you should. That is going to be the best engine option that we have seen in a while for our Venture boats. I think the power to weight ratio will be awesome. My name is Byng Osborne and I am the service manager at Venture.please give me a call if I can help you with anything. Byng

Jeese, If you can wait for those new light 300's to come out you should. That is going to be the best engine option that we have seen in a while for our Venture boats. I think the power to weight ratio will be awesome. My name is Byng Osborne and I am the service manager at Venture.please give me a call if I can help you with anything. Byng

Byng give me your best guess on the new (triple) 300s for the Venture 39 - or is the (triple) 350 yammy package the way to go?