Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Mystic, CT What to do/see?

I am going to a wedding on the Cape and wife wants to stop by Mystic for the night... What to do there or see? We will do the museum but what else is there?
I don't know how much time you will have, but the Mystic Seaport is a full day thing.

There is also the aquarium.

One of the things I like is to walk along the river from south of the drawbridge, north to the Seaport. There are a lot of cool ships to check out as well as some other interesting sites.

Nearby Stonington, is a small village with a lot of colonial homes and some nice water views. It is a good place to walk around and have lunch.

I am going to a wedding on the Cape and wife wants to stop by Mystic for the night... What to do there or see? We will do the museum but what else is there?

You really need to see the fantastic Aquarium!

There are lots of little New England shops for the Mrs. to spend money in and some good Resturants and Pubs down town. :1992_beer_cheer:

Lots of boats to look at in the harbor.

Get far away from I-95 over the little bridge and into the village before you stop.

Very Tourist friendly

BrokenWrench

Believe it or not my wife isn't that into boats... She can appreciate something beautiful and knows it when she sees it but I really think she would prefer to do some shopping while I check out the museum. How about a place to stay? My aunt said to stay away from the Inn at Mystic...

Believe it or not my wife isn't that into boats... She can appreciate something beautiful and knows it when she sees it but I really think she would prefer to do some shopping while I check out the museum. How about a place to stay? My aunt said to stay away from the Inn at Mystic...
In Mystic the two shopping choices in town are to walk around the downtown area, or there is a place called Olde Mystic Village (or something like that). It's out near the highway.

IMO it is kind of a tourist trap, but I guess some people like that type of stuff.

Walking around downtown seems like the better choice.

as for the hotels....you don't really seem to be providing any information about what you are looking for.