Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Was it something I said?

wiley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Wiley started this post just to get us posting again :1121_wink: smart man!!! :D

It does seem like it got quieter here in the past month, I guess it is the slow time of the year. Me, I'm more of a lurker so if I don't see much new I move on to other sites.

That said, I do like RB and will keep coming here. I just bought another boat and have a whole list of things I want to do. I certainly plan to do more posting in the future.

Please keep it going Wiley. Your annual boat show pics will most likely generate some traffic in the short term.

I think this time of year all the summer activity forums are a little slow.

I am on here multiple times every day and have noticed it is getting a little slower. Many things have already been covered but there are plenty of things to talk about.

The "other" forum is busy but they also have many more members which makes a difference. This forum is still pretty new so it will take a while to get to that level. Personally I plan to hang around for it. I like it here in our peacfull little world.

Nah, nothing you said, and no problem with the site design and overall philosophy. (But those limburger, garlic and onion sandwiches might explain something... :rolleyes: )

I can't speak for others, but wintertime around this household means "project time" and tons of time spent addressing the honey-do list. And I'm sure lots of the Northern guys are too busy keeping ahead of the snow and ice to be thinking much about boating.

Give it time... a few more weeks the traffic should be picking up as the covers come off the boats and the projects are started for the new season.

I hear and see this 2.We can post something and 85 people will look at it but only a few will reply, I brought this out once and the reply was that we where smarter then the average boater. OK with me I'm just not that kind of thinker. And I think it shows in my participation. I read the name change average Joe and instead of responding there I started posting about fishing techniques and how to's. Its know secret I make and sell fishing gear and have been for many years and talk to people all around the world about fishing. It is my life and glad to share what I know. And have had some great responses. I said this before it is our own fault,we have a choice to reply or not. How about making a effort to do so, I talked about this to Rich some time ago It most definitely takes our help for Wiley to succeed . True I post on other Web sites but this is the one I care about the most :rb-rules:

I am in and out several times a day, just don't have time to spend lately on posting, I got too many aligators around me, had a rash of crashed hard drives lately and users that screw up a computer and swear they did nothing, and it is the slow time of year, not only here but on several others that I am on. Hang in there it will pick up when the weather warms up and boats start running again. :rb-rules:

WOW.

Has the internet world fallen asleep? Is the ReelBoating POST button broken?

I am working night and day on new ReelBoating features (even product discounts) but wondering if I'm spinning my wheels with the lack of participation here. I can't show off the Forum at the Miami Show with it this quiet here.

I'm not coming down on anyone but did I change something in the design etc that makes it difficult to make or reply to a post?

Perhaps I should have gone the nonsense, bashing, better then thou approach? It's more fun and active anyway ;)

Let me know if I need changes, additions or even subtractions to the ReelBoating site to increase participation.

Dang, a few months ago this place was really crankin. Is the boat biz that bad? Facebook taking all your time? Has everything already been discussed? Is the forum design too advanced?

:rb-rules: ??

I also visit often but I am more of a watcher. I enjoy the refurb articles. You guys are way ahead of me in the boating world so I really have not much to offer advice wise.

Rick