Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Was it something I said?

wiley

WOW.

Has the internet world fallen asleep? Is the ReelBoating POST button broken?

I am working night and day on new ReelBoating features (even product discounts) but wondering if I'm spinning my wheels with the lack of participation here. I can't show off the Forum at the Miami Show with it this quiet here.

I'm not coming down on anyone but did I change something in the design etc that makes it difficult to make or reply to a post?

Perhaps I should have gone the nonsense, bashing, better then thou approach? It's more fun and active anyway ;)

Let me know if I need changes, additions or even subtractions to the ReelBoating site to increase participation.

Dang, a few months ago this place was really crankin. Is the boat biz that bad? Facebook taking all your time? Has everything already been discussed? Is the forum design too advanced?

:rb-rules: ??

I dunno man, maybe you should sell this place. I happen to represent a group of investors who own a bunch of old anchors and wheels and stuff. Wanna trade? I'll owner finance the difference. popcorn.gif

Just messin' with you Wiley. Wanna buy me and endo a drink at the boat show?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, as I look around other boating sites and put things in perspective things are actually going pretty well here.

Like I've said, RB will become less of a forum soon and more of a Community which can benefit off each other and the Vendors who participate.

I was hoping for 8000 registered members by our 1 year anniversary (March 16th). Not sure if we'll reach "that" goal, but at least we're well ahead of the registered member pace when I opened THT - and without alot of the sludge. Not to mention this will be my first Miami Boat Show where I can go representing RB.

No more sale nonsense either. Those days of the internet buyout are pretty much gone. Nobody learned more of a lesson during that sale than I did.

I somehow remember the publically made quote to the effect "Wiley will serve the same role as before"... my bad for not getting that in an official document. Regardless... a fresh start is good in many cases - especially with forums. By starting fresh I don't have to pizz off the members who were opposed to change, but can now accomodate the ones who welcome it.

Stay tuned.

:rb-rules:

Not sure what it is Wiley. The format is good and you a good bunch of members and the site has all the bells and whistles but.....

somehow the action is just not as hot as it needs to be. Its not just now, it has been this way almost from the beginning. A lot of members, but not terribly active. The postal rate changes faster than some of the threads.

Sometimes I think it may be partly because of the way the site started. Everyone came in here with an attitude of making this a superior site, what a boating forum "should be", a re-incarnation of the original THT from back in "the good old days". It seems to me this attitude may actually have put a damper on the conversation. Too plain vanilla, middle-of-the-road, non-controversial. I mean all the bashing over at THT got totally out of hand, but here it seems everyone is walking on eggshells so they wont cross some invisible line. People being too careful about what they say can make for boring conversations. Everybody likes a little action.

But I have thought that would cure itself over time, and it may. Maybe you should recruit some irritating know-it-all assholes to stir things up. :D

PS: Not wanting to sound too negative here, just trying to be honest. There are a lot of great folks here and there have been a number of really great threads. Auguste's boat search comes to mind. I can't help but believe that RB will get where you want it to be in time. Hang in there. :605_thumbs_up:

Edited by Caveman

Thanks caveman for your thoughtful post.

I think we'll stay with the quality over quantity rule here. I kinda threw this thread out there to see what type of feedback it would get. But I'm sticking to my guns and going a different route than last time - the internet has matured. I need to listen to the members here more and give it more time.

I'll even be happy if we peak 25,000 at regsitered members, that'll do just fine for what the grand plan is here.

:1992_beer_cheer:

I decided to stop giving the other site clicks after almost 2 weeks waiting on a "mod" to get back to me to reset my password. Wanted to get my anchor back, but with no response from admins and discovering where wiley went, I joined up.