Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Was it something I said?

wiley

WOW.

Has the internet world fallen asleep? Is the ReelBoating POST button broken?

I am working night and day on new ReelBoating features (even product discounts) but wondering if I'm spinning my wheels with the lack of participation here. I can't show off the Forum at the Miami Show with it this quiet here.

I'm not coming down on anyone but did I change something in the design etc that makes it difficult to make or reply to a post?

Perhaps I should have gone the nonsense, bashing, better then thou approach? It's more fun and active anyway ;)

Let me know if I need changes, additions or even subtractions to the ReelBoating site to increase participation.

Dang, a few months ago this place was really crankin. Is the boat biz that bad? Facebook taking all your time? Has everything already been discussed? Is the forum design too advanced?

:rb-rules: ??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.

Has the internet world fallen asleep? Is the ReelBoating POST button broken?

I am working night and day on new ReelBoating features (even product discounts) but wondering if I'm spinning my wheels with the lack of participation here. I can't show off the Forum at the Miami Show with it this quiet here.

I'm not coming down on anyone but did I change something in the design etc that makes it difficult to make or reply to a post?

Perhaps I should have gone the nonsense, bashing, better then thou approach? It's more fun and active anyway ;)

Let me know if I need changes, additions or even subtractions to the ReelBoating site to increase participation.

Dang, a few months ago this place was really crankin. Is the boat biz that bad? Facebook taking all your time? Has everything already been discussed? Is the forum design too advanced?

:rb-rules: ??

Wiley,

No, it wasn't something you said, did, pretended to do, or whatever. I don't understand it either. First place I visit it night is prolineowners.com, which I'm sure you understand. Next is Reel Boating, to see if anyone has woken up, decided to play, made a comment about my jokes (see Blowboaters), or anything! Then I go to the others, and finally to your old site.

There I see the familiar names from here posting away, as if RB didn't exist...

Go figure, since everybody always bitches about the tactics used over there...

Didn't Shakespeare say, "He who doth protest too much..."?

Keep up the good work. :605_thumbs_up:

Bob C

I'm here Wiley!

I get on as much as I can. My problem is I travel too much overseas and some of the places I can't log on. But every chance I get I pop in. I do look for alot of refurbs/electronics/maintenance work but i think you have done well. That's what originally led me to the other place. For some reason we dont get alot of for sale items on here and I think that draws alot of people. Maybe everyone is just busy :504_shrugging:

Thanks.

I am more concerned it might have been a design flaw or philosophy.

It's no doubt I created a monster with THT. I am not trying to recreate that here. What I am trying to grasp is the sudden decrease in posts and replies. And yes, also from those who despise the other place.

I have been trying to participate as much as I can. I agree we need more participation.

I posted my Evinrude thread, but have not had a chance to check the motor yet b/c it snowed here over the weekend.

I visit 5-10 times a day, but we need more topics/discussions going on.

Don't go back to the hating/bashing way... Hang in there it will get better!

David

rb-rules.gif

lightening doesn't generally strike twice. there are a lot of forums out there. the one you started is a major one and the source for most of us "finding" RB. a basic question: how many newspapers do you subscribe to or read? can't do them all. i don't have any solutions for you, but it definitely isn't anything related to you. ron