Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

NYC Boat Show

Is anyone going to the NY Boat Show?

I just came back. It was very empty. The sq. footage is 25% less than last year and a lot of "names" are missing. That being said. everyone was helpful and willing to give of their time if not cheerful. Kudos to Regulator, Pursuit, Cobalt, and Grady White for turning out in force.

I went to the show last night, here is what I found:

It was smaller than last year but seemed to have better variety.

1) A number of larger cruisers including Saber and quite a few Brunswick boats Searay etc. The boats were up to 50 feet.

2) More 23-36 foot fishing boats including a nice Lurrs, Buddy Davies, Yellow Fin, Edgewater, Pursuit, Whaler and Grady.

3) A nice photo guy who was not selling anything but was knowledgeable and let you look at stabilizing binoculars and lens.

4) The typical electronics and marine related equipment. This area was lacking and was smaller.

All in all a better show at a better time of the year and a great way to spend a few hours in January.