Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

WOW! Yacht Fire in Port Everglades - Pictures

Glad you got the pics, but sorry for the boat owners, that has to suck for them!

Be ready for several people contacting you wanting the pics, and hopefully this does not turn out to be a de-lamination/spontanious combustion thread.

Wiley I think you have the best seat in the house, first the Midnight Express, now this, and many many more to come!!! You should become "friends" with some news anchors, and maybe they can pay you for your pics/stories!!!!

rb-rules.gif

David

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the owner of the 42 Bertram that met her fiery death yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale. I want to thank Wiley for the photos and web cam insight on our personal disaster. I heard of the fire from the TowBoatUS operator who called me to tell me the news and she informed me of the web cam. Sad to watch your boat destroyed in Florida while working a boat show in Providence, RI. We have owned this boat for 20 years and have just completed a very major refit/update on the boat. This is a very sad loss for my family who have shared many great memories aboard the 42 Bertram "EXPOSURE"

I also appreciate the thoughtful comments from the members of this board. This really is a much more intelligent and knowledgeable member base than the other boating board.

I will be able to comment more on the cause and actions of the incident when I get to Florida next week. I am sure there are lessons to be learned by all.

Thanks

Capt. Ed

I am the owner of the 42 Bertram that met her fiery death yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale. I want to thank Wiley for the photos and web cam insight on our personal disaster. I heard of the fire from the TowBoatUS operator who called me to tell me the news and she informed me of the web cam.

Capt. Ed

Hello Ed, sorry for your loss and sorry we "meet" under these circumstances.

Let me know if you need any particular photos. I took 188 pictures of the event. At least I was able to get a few before she became totally engulfed.

Hopefully the InletCam helped you assess the situation as it happened. I was by myself that day so between running out taking pix, having the firemen walking through the backyard, and trying to run inside to control the cam it was quite hectic.

Good luck getting everything worked out.

I am the owner of the 42 Bertram that met her fiery death yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale. I want to thank Wiley for the photos and web cam insight on our personal disaster. I heard of the fire from the TowBoatUS operator who called me to tell me the news and she informed me of the web cam.

Capt. Ed

Hello Ed, sorry for your loss and sorry we "meet" under these circumstances.

Let me know if you need any particular photos. I took 188 pictures of the event. At least I was able to get a few before she became totally engulfed.

Hopefully the InletCam helped you assess the situation as it happened. I was by myself that day so between running out taking pix, having the firemen walking through the backyard, and trying to run inside to control the cam it was quite hectic.

Good luck getting everything worked out.

Capt. Ed,

Sorry for the loss of your boat. Hopefully everything works out in her aftermath.

Mike