Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Single or Twins

The boat search continues........................

Still searching for a 23-24 footer. 75% of it's use will be cruising the Homosassa river and hanging out at the springs. 15% of the time will be scalloping and fishing 10-15 miles from shore. the last 5% will be going to my honey holes 40 miles or so offshore. Other thoughts are that I would like to take it to the Keys to do some dolphin trolling and lobster grabbing. Maybe venture to Bimini since I've heard it was a nice trip.

My gut feeling is that a single and Sea Tow are all I need. What do y'all think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I never leave without my ditch bag which contains a epirb, sat phone, hand held vhf, back up gps, first aid kit, power bars,water, flairs and more other stuff that I can't remember. I don't have a life raft in my current boat but will have one on the new one.

E P I R B

Edited by TooReel

The first time you get caught out 20 miles plus with a broke boat you will wish you had twins...... For 3 years now I have owned my first twin engined boat. It really helps put me at ease being I run out 40 + miles.

I have a sailfish 2360 with twins and have very little I can say negative about the boat. It really is a very good ride and easily converts to a family cruiser. Good Luck

Edited by cracker