Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

First Fishing Pole

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Barbie rods have caught some big fish over the last couple of years, but I've seen too many of the Scooby Do rods exploded at the local parks

My daughters have a Zebco 202 and 33 that have held up amazingly well fishing in salt and brackish with NO maintenance for the past 3 years. My oldest (8 at the time) managed a 24" snook on the 202 with 4# test! :2403_worshipper:

Legnth of the rod is probably going to be an issue. The longer the rod, the more people on the boat he can hit at a time! The 202 came on a 4.5' rod, which has worked out pretty well for my youngest daughter.

Don't laugh too hard, but I bought my then 4 year old daughter a rocket rod (she begged after seeing it on TV) and she still uses it. We have caught small stripers (3-4lbs), perch, smallmouth and a few small catfish on the upper chesapeake. I have 8lb mono on it and have to admit, it is fun to play around with - but best of all not having to teach a 4 year old know it all (like her dad) how to cast with others on the boat.