Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Made In The USA

v70cat

I would like to start a thread about quality US companies

Here is one to start

PENN FISHING TACKLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY

3028 W. Hunting Park Avenue

Philadelphia, PA 19132

I thought PENN was made in China now?

Even though they have an American address, All companies that sell in the USA must have a company, and address in the USA. So therefore if they have an address in the US, it does not mean that it is made in the USA. Sorry for the slight de-rail.

David

Here is one to start

Philadelphia, PA 19132

Even though they have an American address, All companies that sell in the USA must have a company, and address in the USA. So therefore if they have an address in the US, it does not mean that it is made in the USA. Sorry for the slight de-rail.

David

Here is one to start

Philadelphia, PA 19132

David

"Penn is very clear about what products are "Made in USA".

In their 2010 catalogue, at the top of the page showing any given reel, is a US flag and "Made in USA" indicated.

A basic rule of thumb for Penn is that the dividing line is at about $225, with the reels above that line being US made.

For the various Japanese mfgs, the dividing line is at around $275-$300 between actual "made in Japan", and made in Maylasia, Viet Nam, Singapore, etc., etc.

Penn currently makes 31 different models in the USA, more than any other reel company, and of more than 25 conventional models in development for the 2010 ICAST Show [no guarantee they will all make the cut], the majority will be US made."

http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-forum/257508-penn-international-50vsw-reel-vs-shimano-tld-50ii-lrsa.html

Edited by v70cat