Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Rental boat in Abaco - Paramount 26' or Albury 23'?

RMM

Renting a boat in Abaco and wondering which of these is the better option? Which will ride better if is rough? Hear the Sea can kick up if windy. Hear the Albury is great for that water but typically a larger boat will ride better and be more comfortable. The Paramount also has a T-top and leaning post vs the Albury with a bimini and bench. The Albury has a 150 which sounds underpowered and the Paramount a 250. Leaning toward the Paramount...thoughts?

Anyone familiar with these boats or been there and done that?

Also anyone have any suggestions for fishing in the Sea of Abaco?

Thanks

Edited by RMM

i have never personally rented from Abaco but some of my family members have. the rented the Paramount and it was a pig they. the boat topped out at around 30 mph. as for the ride they never took it out far but wasn't horrible for island hopping. Be careful spear fishing because the sharks are BIG and i have had some really close encounters. Ive only fished off Hope Town and if you are heading in and out of there dont try any short cuts because I have seen coral heads breaking the surface in 30ft of water. i dont know too much about the fishing this time of year but call some local charters and ask them what they are targeting and they should let you know. Abaco is a beautiful place and you'll have a blast :1992_beer_cheer::239_fishing:

i have never personally rented from Abaco but some of my family members have. the rented the Paramount and it was a pig they. the boat topped out at around 30 mph. as for the ride they never took it out far but wasn't horrible for island hopping. Be careful spear fishing because the sharks are BIG and i have had some really close encounters. Ive only fished off Hope Town and if you are heading in and out of there dont try any short cuts because I have seen coral heads breaking the surface in 30ft of water. i dont know too much about the fishing this time of year but call some local charters and ask them what they are targeting and they should let you know. Abaco is a beautiful place and you'll have a blast :1992_beer_cheer::239_fishing:

The paramount will handle rough seas better than the Albury. The Albury is a great boat but more of a flat bottom. I imagine that top speed will be around 30mph which is all you need. If youre not familiar with the waters thats plenty fast. Be sure to purchase some local charts that will help you navigate the waters.

You will find good snapper/grouper fishing in most of the channels leading out to the Atlantic. Get some chum and anchor up for bottom fishing or purchase a couple of Magnum 30 big lip plugs and drag them through the channels. These plugs work well.

Good luck.