Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Mann's Stretch Lures

Thanks for the replies.

I have the Yozuri's DD, maybe I should stick with those and just get some of the bigger ones.

I 2nd the Yozuri's, here we use the hydromag DD on wire. The wahoo love em.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What size wire, same 7 Strand for my king rigs or is that too large?

Any pics ya got, showing how ya tie them on would be great.............

I have always just used a 4' piece of 80# wire & twisted a swivel on the other end.

I mainly run them in the Ches Bay for stripers and just tie straight to the lure. Been thinking of adding them when trolling for other fish with a wire leader. They do work good on the stripers though. Normally use the Stretch 20 and 25's gold/black and red head do have a few other colors but those are the proudcers for me.

Ditto this.

As many others have said if you are going to troll in the ocean I'd go with a 12" - 14" wire leader too.

Last year, we put out a man stretch 25 for something different in the spread, I use braid with 80# yozuri fluoro windon leaders. Caught a 65 lb yellow fin. over a load of bally I was pulling. We were fishing the point out of Oregon inlet. If I were at the tower & west / south west there of, I would suggest a 18" tippet of 40 - 60lb wire.

I was really impressed with the stretch's action, look very life like. A few weeks after landing the Y Fin, I was working the grounds off Ocracoke and North to Hatteras... we hooked up at least 6 dolphins but they kept comming unbuttoned -- shortly after hook up. I questioned myself about the hook size (treble size too large?)

I plan to try them again this season, may try some smaller hooks.