Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

5 Engine Boat Loses an Engine. New Thread - New Photos Added

wiley

yesi i dont work forr the company anymore because i worked for Tom Mason and when he built his 23 ft powerplay i went with him i was also in high school when he sold the company and am still in college in Tallahassee and i dont think that you are more important that one of the owners because if you were you wouldnt be so defensive youd have the confidence to laugh it off like the rest of us. do you still live with your mom?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[A name=Kingair' date='Nov 19 2009, 11:56 PM' post='25293]

Found this on other site

"The clamp bracket did not break......... and it happened at 40 MPH in calm waters..... we hauled it out and supported the A until the guys from Midnight came to take it away...... The motor was ok,,,,, no water ingestion, infact there was no visible damage. It did damage the motor next to it with it's prop... took a chunck out of the cav plate.

The motor was through bolted to a plate to get it higher and the plate had studs welded to it to attach it to the transom. there were no through bolts directly holding the motor onto the transom. The studs sheared right at the plate and the motor was left dangling off one remaining stud and the tie-bar. "

ME.jpg

Ok YesI ... Might be time for you to return to THT.

We all had a bit of fun since the initial news has wore off but enough with the crude replies.

I offered to take photos of the ME when it's back in the water... just let me know ahead of time.

My opinion on the whole mess:

Wiley and RB have posted numerous pictures, of the boat running which is advertisement for Midnight Express. Since RB is a "boating website", and Wiley has a very nice spot to take pictures from, he took pictures of the boat broken as well (It's news).

Now if a cruise ship was on fire do you think Wiley would take pictures of it as well? Ofcourse he would. Do you think the owner/associate/friend of Carnival would come here acting like an A$$, for Wiley taking a picture of the boat? I think not. Heck i am sure we could even get this on fox news if you like....

This is a boating site, and a discussion site. Sorry the boat broke, but inform the public why, and what you did to correct it.... heck you may even could get some help from the people on here about how to correct it.

And I am sure once the boat is running correctly Wiley would be more than happy to post pictures of the boat running, and sitting, and post them on here which would lead to advertisement for you.

David

But coming on a boating forum acting like an a$$ does nothing for you or Midnight Express.

My opinion on the whole mess:

Wiley and RB have posted numerous pictures, of the boat running which is advertisement for Midnight Express. Since RB is a "boating website", and Wiley has a very nice spot to take pictures from, he took pictures of the boat broken as well (It's news).

Now if a cruise ship was on fire do you think Wiley would take pictures of it as well? Ofcourse he would. Do you think the owner/associate/friend of Carnival would come here acting like an A$$, for Wiley taking a picture of the boat? I think not. Heck i am sure we could even get this on fox news if you like....

This is a boating site, and a discussion site. A the boat broke, but inform the public why, and what you did to correct it.... heck you may even could get some help from the people on here about how to correct it.

And I am sure once the boat is running correctly Wiley would be more than happy to post pictures of the boat running, and sitting, and post them on here which would lead to advertisement for you.

David

But coming on a boating forum acting like an a$$ does nothing for you or Midnight Express.

Very well said David, makes anyone even considering a Midnight Express Boat purchase a mistake based on what YesI has put up here.

Regards,

Big R