Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

my piranha props showed up today

had 2 piranha props show up today they ship with 2 sets of blades each. cant wait to tryout the diferent sets of blades on the cat. im working the flea market all weekend hope to get off early next week so I can soak the cat & try the props ill post some pics next week.

http://www.piranhapropellers.com/

Edited by aitkenkingfish

I think you will like them. I have been using one on a 150 Evinrude for several years. The only thing is, they will ding up much easier than an aluminum prop, so figure replacement blades as an annual expense and be sure and check the prop if you dust the bottom, even a just little bit.

My brother brought the boat home from a night fishing trip one time complaining of low power and overheating. He said he had hit some mud and maybe sucked some in the intake. I looked at the prop the next morning and the blades were down to about 1" long. Motor was fine though. Changed the blades in a few minutes and went for a ride. Didn't invite my brother.

I think you will like them. I have been using one on a 150 Evinrude for several years. The only thing is, they will ding up much easier than an aluminum prop, so figure replacement blades as an annual expense and be sure and check the prop if you dust the bottom, even a just little bit.

My brother brought the boat home from a night fishing trip one time complaining of low power and overheating. He said he had hit some mud and maybe sucked some in the intake. I looked at the prop the next morning and the blades were down to about 1" long. Motor was fine though. Changed the blades in a few minutes and went for a ride. Didn't invite my brother.

I had to work all weekend hoping to get out this evening

Did you talk to piranha about it? Maybe they sent you the wrong pitch or something.

I do believe the plastic prop will have more drag than equivalent stainless, but I wouldn't expect that much performance drop.

After the one trip offshore I got rid of it and bought a mercury ss prop. The pitch was same on the SS and the piranha. A different diameter and pitch might have gotten it up a little bit, but I never sent it back to get a different diameter. I was thinking it was more of an issue with pushing a 26 foot deep v. I just assumed there was more prop flex and it lost efficiency.

wellturns out i dropped a cylinder but didnt relise it till it was tooooooooooooooo late compresion 120,0,120. Happened to find a replacement on craigs list headed to get it tonight then off with the old on with the used.