Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Battery replacement for ACR EPIRB

Your internet battery replacement cost 160+- along with Your time screwing around with it .

Is it really worth guessing if its right for $100. The test report I received with my replacement was not a guy in the back room flipping the switch and saying "yeah thats good"

There are plenty of ways and areas to save money but safety should not be one. When your 100 miles out and no one in sight or on radar and it starts kicking you want to know that everything is in optimum condition.

also make sure your epirb is registered six crew members lost off cape may this week lost precious time because there beacon was not registered it cost nothing to do and takes five minutes

Your internet battery replacement cost 160+- along with Your time screwing around with it .

Is it really worth guessing if its right for $100. The test report I received with my replacement was not a guy in the back room flipping the switch and saying "yeah thats good"

There are plenty of ways and areas to save money but safety should not be one. When your 100 miles out and no one in sight or on radar and it starts kicking you want to know that everything is in optimum condition.

also make sure your epirb is registered six crew members lost off cape may this week lost precious time because there beacon was not registered it cost nothing to do and takes five minutes

I trust me more with my saftey than I trust somone else.

I agree it is hway robery for the prices they charge for battery replacement, i am going to open my Mcnuardo epirb this week or next and try to locate a repalcement battery. I am confindent in my abilities to replace a baterry and solder new connections if need be? Also to grease and replace orings is not a big deal but the imporant thing is not to pinch them i believie i got a quote for 325.00 for a battery replacement!

I agree that the battery replacement is a rip-off. The actual cost can't be more than $50 how do they charge $300 or $400 for it? The other thing is they will only replace the battery ONCE. Then you have to buy a new unit. What's with that? My unit is kept warm and dry and is shiney now as the day it was bought. It's sealed and what is there to wear out?