Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lets Rehab A Boat

It would be cool if the owner of this forum [ Wiley ] offered to sponsor this ride , after all it is a pretend build.

If he did that would cover the hull repairs and wrap [ Graphics ] What say you Wiley ?

This is a Build on the site . The above Boat is fictitious , this is just for FUN and NO MONEY is changing hands .

I thinks we should call our money , Boat Bucks , so people will know it's NOT REAL.

Let's PARTY

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool if the owner of this forum [ Wiley ] offered to sponsor this ride , after all it is a pretend build.

If he did that would cover the hull repairs and wrap [ Graphics ] What say you Wiley ?

This is a Build on the site . The above Boat is fictitious , this is just for FUN and NO MONEY is changing hands .

I thinks we should call our money , Boat Bucks , so people will know it's NOT REAL.

Let's PARTY

Not a bad idea at all. I can rephrase it to be boat bucks. Maybe we can get the wrap designed by a graphic artist member to photoshop it to the pictrues of said ficticious boat.

We will also need to name her. That will be later in the thread though. The naming process takes up way to much space to do now.

Here is the tally now:

Cost of boat $2500.00

So far we have a pair of pre-loved Zukes with gauges and controls $18,000.00

Sell the lower units for $500 per -$1000.00

Scored one fishing net $0.00

New Transom $4000.00

Furuno NavNet vx2 C-Map NT+ system (7" - 24nm) $700.00

Total investment so far $24,200.00

I found this for a trailer on Craigs List. Seems reasonable enough. If no objections, or better deals out there, I will add it to the list

This is a magic tilt 10,000 GVW galvanized trailer in good shape for a 25 foot boat for more info please contact Ra y at (786)***-**** the trailer is located in Ocala Fl asking $1450.00

• 2 months later...

More power to you... I'll stick to restoring cars.. I think I'd have better luck getting my money out of that then a restored sunken boat... But then again.. a lot of times, its not about the money... its the challenge... Overall its awesome...

More power to you... I'll stick to restoring cars.. I think I'd have better luck getting my money out of that then a restored sunken boat... But then again.. a lot of times, its not about the money... its the challenge... Overall its awesome...

That's exactly what this thread is all about, the challenge. It is not designed to make us any money. It is just an excerise is pooling resources to see what we can do with the project IF we wanted to, as a group. Although it would seem as this little thread has faded into oblivion.