Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

2 Injured when jet ski explodes.

Now I've never owned one to know, but does the owner's manual say anything about raising the cowling before starting to inspect? :471_confused_face:
Nope, it doesn't... not on my WaveRaider anyway. Had to be a bad plug wire to make a spark to ignite the vapors, but I would think the dad would have had to do some serious cranking on that engine with the kill switch pulled to put that much fuel into the engine compartment. It'll all come out in the lawsuit.

Nope, it doesn't... not on my WaveRaider anyway. Had to be a bad plug wire to make a spark to ignite the vapors, but I would think the dad would have had to do some serious cranking on that engine with the kill switch pulled to put that much fuel into the engine compartment. It'll all come out in the lawsuit.

That was my initial thought as well - bad plug wire.

Definitely not good for the parties involved, no matter how you look at it.

Ummmmm, sounds like a fuel leak somewhere ?

Most of the "Wake Jumpers" just park 'em in the fall and then jump on them & start 'em in the spring.

NO Maintenance, no safety checks, no nothin', just go.....

The only time they bring 'em in to the shop is if they don't start.

Haven't you noticed that most boating and safety rules don't apply to them? :753_hammer_hitting_head:

:2215_asleep:

Ummmmm, sounds like a fuel leak somewhere ?

Most of the "Wake Jumpers" just park 'em in the fall and then jump on them & start 'em in the spring.

NO Maintenance, no safety checks, no nothin', just go.....

The only time they bring 'em in to the shop is if they don't start.

Haven't you noticed that most boating and safety rules don't apply to them? :753_hammer_hitting_head:

:2215_asleep:

Keep in mind this was a rental. I can only assume they keep up the maintenance on their stuff.

Hey Guys,

Sorry, I missed where it said it was a rental? It would explain a fair bit though. A rental is not always maintained to the book, and someone may have cut a corner in fixing it.

It looks to me like a late model Yamaha. I've never seen one explode anything like that.

I own a Yammie PWC and spent the day working on it in the bilge for the afternoon today. With starting it, stopping it ect I never smelt any fumes with the hood open. I find it hard to believe an un altered PWC would do this.

Regards

Darren