Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

yamaha F350 4 STROKE

dupre

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone give me some feedback on the F350 yamaha 4 stroke. I am thinking about getting one for a new boat that I am looking at. Are they having any problems with them? Any input would greatly be appreciated !!!

Weight is the biggest problem, as an example the Suzuki 300 weighs 604 lbs. and the Yamaha 350 weighs in at 804lbs. 200 pounds for 50 horsepower is not an efficient number. Be sure your boat can handle the extra weight, as some builders do not recommend repowering with the 350.

Caribbean Soul

40' O'Neil Jones

• 2 months later...

Can anyone give me some feedback on the F350 yamaha 4 stroke. I am thinking about getting one for a new boat that I am looking at. Are they having any problems with them? Any input would greatly be appreciated !!!

LastDance 2008 34 Seavee twin 350 Yams Iv'e got 650 hours in my first year, not a hiccup. I have wisper quiet power steering from SeaVee---awesome with these high torque engines. Ronnies Marine came out and replaced both flywheels for the Yam recall, with the boat still in the lift. I have replaced both 3 bladed props with 4bladed 16's from Proptech. Zero blow out now in the roughest of weather, and it gets plenty rough on the Texas Gulf coast. Lost 4mph top end to 55mph, but jumps on plane now and midrange economy improved to 1.2 mpg at40mph at 4000rpm. Awesome ride, and wouldn't trade for the sound of those big V8s winding up. Just be sure to tell everyone to hold on before you jump up on top.

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest problem is the lack of propellers available to suit these engines. The 3 blade Yamaha props are crap,

and ventilate and lose grip in rough seas and cannot be trimmed up very high for efficient running. I know that

Powertech makes an OFS and an LFS series of props with a hub to fit my engine, but unfortunately I live in New Zealand and there are no Powertech dealers in New Zealand, so I cant just try a prop to see if it suits my boat.