Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Rebuild-Tear Out

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particularly love the hunk of (I'm assuming it was resin encapsulated) ply that the livewell intake is attached to...not to mention the apparently treated and encapsulated ply coring of the console...

Enjoy, King, enjoy... :lol:

You saw that. I am going to mount the baitwell pump as it was designed to the seacock. It works, just a bi**h to get to.

Now you have done it! Don't you know that once you start one project that it leads to another project....then another....and another?

Before you know it you are $80K into the boat and everything is completely redone and brand new. Oh no wait...thats me.

But you're on the same track.

Been There.. I have probaby 25k into my grady and best case is I sell it for 15. That said, Ive had it for 10 years now and If i didnt spend the money it would probaly be worth half that and maybe sunk haha.

Im always spending time doing this stuff. I dont call it work, I call it therapy...

No better way to learn your boat than to tear it apart.

I do hope you are using this project as full justification to add to your tool collection.

I did by a Deutsch crimper. Most of the work is being done by Brad at The Boat Doctors Mobile Marine.

I am providing "sweat equity", as I am up in DC and the boat is at my home in NC.

I did by a Deutsch crimper. Most of the work is being done by Brad at The Boat Doctors Mobile Marine.

I am providing "sweat equity", as I am up in DC and the boat is at my home in NC.

Whoa, a Deutsch crimper. You are committed now, my friend. BTW, can I borrow it sometime if I can't get the one at work? :1992_beer_cheer: