Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Washdown System?

We are trying to get ideas on how to mount the hose for our washdown system. We really like the way it is mounted on the 23 seacraft tournament. Here is a link to a pic of it:

http://media.trackermarinegroup.com/seacra...4_FO_09_700.jpg

Does anyone know what the little black piece on the right is, and where it can be purchased? Also for anyone that has been on this boat, what is on the other end of the pipe that the hose sits on that keeps it from falling? I know I have seen this black plastic piece before, but for the life of me I can not remember what its used for. Thank You!!

The plastic piece looks like it may either be a base hinge for canvas bows or perhaps a windshield support-strut base. It's hard to see how the coil is released for use, though, unless that tube can swing away from the plastic piece to come out of it'd tube socket. Doesn't look like a great setup for frequent use.

Edited by Little Katuna

We are trying to get ideas on how to mount the hose for our washdown system. We really like the way it is mounted on the 23 seacraft tournament. Here is a link to a pic of it:

http://media.trackermarinegroup.com/seacra...4_FO_09_700.jpg

Does anyone know what the little black piece on the right is, and where it can be purchased? Also for anyone that has been on this boat, what is on the other end of the pipe that the hose sits on that keeps it from falling? I know I have seen this black plastic piece before, but for the life of me I can not remember what its used for. Thank You!!

That's a bimini deck hinge and a bimini eye end (external). You can find them at your neighborhood marine store.

Taylor Marine makes good quality stuff like this in composite (plastic) or metal (aluminum/stainless).

Here's their catalog: http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/catalog/

Mickey