Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Johnson 150 Ocean Pro

I have had to rebuild both of my lower units in the last two years. Lost the port motor lower again. Was 2 months out of warranty just my luck. I have found a place that warranties them for three years. This sounds like what I need. have spoken with alot of folks who say that the lower unit in the year in question of my motors 2001 was it's achilles heel. I do not believe they make CRT.

I am thinking of putting two standard rotating lowers on it. the one that blew was a counter rotating and because of that the cost is much more. My question to you guys is has anyone out there done this. How did it effect the performance of your boat. Can I make up the roll to the right with the trim tabs? All input is appreciated. :504_shrugging:

Edited by NWroller

I have had to rebuild both of my lower units in the last two years. Lost the port motor lower again. Was 2 months out of warranty just my luck. I have found a place that warranties them for three years. This sounds like what I need. have spoken with alot of folks who say that the lower unit in the year in question of my motors 2001 was it's achilles heel. I do not believe they make CRT.

I am thinking of putting two standard rotating lowers on it. the one that blew was a counter rotating and because of that the cost is much more. My question to you guys is has anyone out there done this. How did it effect the performance of your boat. Can I make up the roll to the right with the trim tabs? All input is appreciated. :504_shrugging:

[/quot

One of the motor wil not get clean water,because of the same rotation.And its going to pull to one side I dont think the trim tab will help.

What kind of boat do you have?

On a cat you might get by with it, but if not I would go counter.

I have a Mako253. I am going to give it a shot if all else fails i will have a spare outdrive for the Starboard motor. I am having the C/R rebuit. If it does not work I will just put it back on. :605_thumbs_up: