Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Free up space on your computer

I haven't looked at the link you provided yet. How is it different than emptying the trash can and deleting cookies through the browser?

I could definitely use more speed but I'm always leery of free stuff on the internet.

I'm not the smartest when it comes to computers but apparently when you empty trash or delete something it's still on your computer. This program gets rid of it. Free's up space on your hard drive. I tried it and noticed a huge difference. My buddies tell me they do it every week.

At first I was hesitant and thought it was some kind of gimmick wanting money. They do ask for a donation but you do not have to give.

Edited by Mike F

I'm not the smartest when it comes to computers

That's why I was asking, I'm in the same boat. I use a few programs I'm familiar with, no problem, but once the conversation turns to geekspeak (or anything even close) I get lost pretty quick.

Anyone else care to chime in on this? Remember, keep it simple, I'm a computard. :blink:

Edited by OReely

I know my hard drive is loaded with trash and its slowing down my computer. But.....I'm not sure I want some web site all up in my hard drive removing things. Just because it didn't delete your passwords, photos, programs, ect doesn't mean they didn't make copies for their personal viewing.

Check out this free version of Advanced System Care. I started with the free version, but a month later I went to the paid version. The paid version does the maintenance routine automatically.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCa....html?tag=mncol

This does a lot more than clean up your hard drive. The registry cleaner function will put some speed back in your system. I've used this product for 6 months now. Before this product I had two others. This one is the best I have found. BTW I have no connection to the company other than as a happy customer. :605_thumbs_up:

You want bullet proof operation, none of the problems stated above? Buy a MAC, you'll never go back. No registry, no virus, no problem. Have a 3yr MacBook Pro............Replaced a battery...........FREE. Never a problem with the OS, a few issues with Microsoft apps, but hey, what do you expect from MS?

Great tech support by people that know the Mac OS, and as a big bonus............THEY SPEAK ENGLISH....REAL ENGLISH.

:605_thumbs_up:

You want bullet proof operation, none of the problems stated above? Buy a MAC, you'll never go back. No registry, no virus, no problem. Have a 3yr MacBook Pro............Replaced a battery...........FREE. Never a problem with the OS, a few issues with Microsoft apps, but hey, what do you expect from MS?

Great tech support by people that know the Mac OS, and as a big bonus............THEY SPEAK ENGLISH....REAL ENGLISH.

:605_thumbs_up:

+1 for the MacBook Pro. They are expensive and the OS is different than most are used to, but once you try one, you will never go back. It doesn't take long to get the hang of it either. I have heard of plenty of people going from PC to mac, but you don't hear of many going mac to PC.