Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Autotether Wireless Lanyard

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AUTOTETHER & CHARLIE MOORE PARTNER UP!

Autotether, Inc & Extreme Entertainment, Inc./Mad Fish Productions are pleased to announce Charlie Moore, “The Mad Fisherman”, as the face of Autotether.

Autotether, Inc and Charlie will be working together to promote the AUTOTETHER Wireless Lanyard, the latest in boating safety using cutting edge RF technology. Charlie was very impressed after testing out the AUTOTETHER this fall. Committed to safety on the water, Charlie felt this is a product every boater needs to have. You can begin to see AUTOTETHER on Beat Charlie Moore on ESPN2 and Charlie Moore Outdoors on NESN beginning in April 2010.

Since his TV debut on NESN’s Front Row sports magazine program in 1996, Charlie Moore has become one of the most recognizable outdoorsman in the U.S. – earning top show ratings on ESPN, NESN and WFN. Recently, Charlie has had development deals with both Fox and Paramount pictures and is currently under contract with Pilgrim Film and Television Studios to develop a sitcom. Charlie, along with Curt Gowdy and Ted Williams, is a member of New England Sports Hall of Fame. Charlie’s fast-paced; no-holds barred comic hosting style has re-defined outdoor television. From jumping out of airplanes to boxing with the World Heavyweight Champ to kicking footballs with Adam Vinatieri off his bass boat, you never know what Charlie will do next! He is bright, funny and has great range to his talent. Beat Charlie Moore is in its seventh season with ESPN2 and ranks as one of the most popular shows of all time for the network. The Mad Fisherman, Charlie Moore, has been a fixture on New England Sports Network since May 1996, first as a part of the Front Row sports magazine show, and since 1999 as host of Charlie Moore Outdoors. During that time, Charlie Moore Outdoors has established itself as the most successful outdoor program in New England and made Charlie Moore a household name across the region. Charlie’s unique, high-energy, and humorous hosting style combined with celebrity guests, outrageous skits, and great fishing have redefined outdoor programming.

AUTOTETHER is a wireless lanyard that shuts off a boat’s engine in the event that the operator falls into the water. Additionally, AUTOTETHER sets off an alarm if passengers or pets wearing the AUTOTETHER sensors fall into the water.

AUTOTETHER has taken 40 year old technology and put it into the 21st Century! Unlike traditional lanyards that require the operator to be tethered to the boat, the AUTOTETHER boating safety device is an unobtrusive wireless unit. It operates use cutting edge RF technology; the boater wears a small, wireless personal sensor that sends radio waves to a receiver connected to the boat’s ignition. When the sensor is submerged in water, the signal between the transmitter and the receiver is instantly broken because radio waves do not travel through water, and AUTOTETHER activates the ignition kill switch.

AUTOTETHER is easy to install. It clips right to the boat’s ignition switch. The clip is connected via a short, coiled wire to a receiver that is mounted on the boat’s dashboard, next to the ignition switch, using “peel and stick” adhesive strips. No wiring or tools are required. The system is self-powered via inexpensive AAA batteries, which are supplied with the kit. An indicator light on the transmitter changes color when it is time to change the batteries. (Battery life is dependent upon individual boater system usage but typically 100-150 hours of on time.)

AUTOTETHER is patented and trademarked. It is available online at www.autotether.com or by calling 1-888-593-4181. Charlie Moore’s website is www.charliemoore.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my Autotether Solo today and I have a tech-support question.

My host does not indicate a fob is registered, but if I turn off the fob the lanyard fires.

I turn on a fob and see the steady green light. I turn on the host and the power, reset and #1 fob lights blink for a while, then just the power light. This is on my desk at home, not on the boat.

Shouldn't I see one green fob signal light?

ETA: After reading the manual a bit more, it appears this is normal behaviour, am I right? It seems to me the fob signal indicator should stay on; that's what I'd expect it to do anyway.

Also, I'm extremely impressed at the construction quality of the host and fob. Very nice. The fob needs a ring on it somewhere other than just the slots for a strap.

Edited by dsp

I just received my Autotether Solo today and I have a tech-support question.

My host does not indicate a fob is registered, but if I turn off the fob the lanyard fires.

I turn on a fob and see the steady green light. I turn on the host and the power, reset and #1 fob lights blink for a while, then just the power light. This is on my desk at home, not on the boat.

Shouldn't I see one green fob signal light?

ETA: After reading the manual a bit more, it appears this is normal behaviour, am I right? It seems to me the fob signal indicator should stay on; that's what I'd expect it to do anyway.

Also, I'm extremely impressed at the construction quality of the host and fob. Very nice. The fob needs a ring on it somewhere other than just the slots for a strap.

Yes, the system is behaving normally. The LEDs at the bottom of the Host that indicate which FOB or FOBs are communicating with the Host go off after 3 minutes to conserve battery life. The FOB LED flashes every 3 seconds when in communication with the Host.

Thank you for the compliments in the design, we worked hard on that. Where would you suggest we locate the ring for the FOB? Is it for another attachment for our caribineer? (it was actually through reel boating customer suggestions that we added that yellow 0 clip). We value input from our customers and take it into consideration for upgrades on our product.

Feel free to call us anytime at 888-59-4181 and we are available to help out any questions or reply here in this chat room.

Thank you,

Andrea

Autotether

Okay, I've got it now.

I would like to see a ring (or hole for one) molded into the fob on the opposite end from the power button.

Gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I'll mention it to our engineers.

Also to everyone - we are happy to announce that Sea Insure is now offering a 5% discount on your boat insurance if you have an Autotether on your boat! We are still working on others!

Best,

Andrea

• 1 month later...

I have some other questions about the Autotether.

I'm trying to talk a friend into buying one for himself. We boat together quite often. How would my receiver know his fob(s) from mine? If I want to purchase another fob for my wife, does the new fob work right out of the box?

I have some other questions about the Autotether.

I'm trying to talk a friend into buying one for himself. We boat together quite often. How would my receiver know his fob(s) from mine? If I want to purchase another fob for my wife, does the new fob work right out of the box?

How would my receiver know his fob(s) from mine?

Are you talking about having him come on your boat and use his FOB from his system with your receiver or vice versa? Call our engineers in the office to talk that out 888-593-4181. Ask for Ed or Joe. But if you are concerned about interference between your receiver and his then, don't worry. The receiver and FOBs will be programmed to different channels and FOBs will only talk to the reveiver which is on the same channel.

If I want to purchase another fob for my wife, does the new fob work right out of the box?

If we get the serial number of the unit, we will program the FOB and it will be good to go when you receive it.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions reply again!

Best,

Andrea

Autotether, Inc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...